MT4 on 2 computers?

phil37000

Question

Hi - I've got a demo account with IG and have an IG supplied MT4 on my desktop computer.  I've tried to download a copy for my laptop using my login details that I have for the web based IG platform. It wont let me download it - I would like to keep the original account  - is this possible? Can i use a web based MT4 with IG? - Thanks in advance - Phil

2 answers to this question

12 hours ago, phil37000 said:

Hi - I've got a demo account with IG and have an IG supplied MT4 on my desktop computer.  I've tried to download a copy for my laptop using my login details that I have for the web based IG platform. It wont let me download it - I would like to keep the original account  - is this possible? Can i use a web based MT4 with IG? - Thanks in advance - Phil

Hi, the mt4 and web based login, password details are different but once download you should have the mt4 setup file in your downloads folder (ig4setup) so you can transfer that to any other windows computer but you should be able to just download mt4 without any other input.

IG don't have their own web based mt4 version but you only need the connection to the IG server so on any mt4 go to File > Open an Account and in the Trading Servers pop up box look for IG Group Limited in the dropdown or type that into the 'add new broker'. Sometimes they ask for IG's registered number which is 443