Jump to content
  • 1

Withdrawals


GIDDOES

Question

Hi There,

I sold my shares to move into Crypto to buy in for the dump.

I waited 2 or 3 days for my funds in IG to become available, when available I then withdrew the funds to my card on Sunday the 18th of April not wanting to pay $15 to transfer to my bank account.

I chose the Card option as that is how I have deposited much of my funds into IG. Your time stated being 1 to 5 business days.

I am yet to receive my funds to date being Saturday the 24th of April past the latest 5 business days to execution of funds.

Osko in instant funds, sell shares and to date 9 days still no funds.

You will probably say not our end, but you state 1-5 days maximum which is what I was counting on.

I will contact Citibank today and update you of their end.

 

Regards

IG user

Link to post

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Hi Charlotte, 

I received the receipt from the Australian team. I've since asked that they escalate this internally, as the details are all correct, however the money has not materialised in my bank account. My bank have confirmed there is no account issues on their end, the money isn't pending, it's just not come through. 

Are there ever delays like this due to backlogs or something? Can IG perform a trace on the transaction to see where the money is currently sitting? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 0

Hi there, I am having exactly the same problem. I withdrew on my card of which I used to fund, on the 14th, as of the 24th I am still to see my money materialise in my bank account. This is something I have completed dozens of times before, all without issue. 

After contacted IG Friday last week, I was told I needed to talk to my bank. I called my bank first thing this morning, they tell me they have no visibility, and it's on IG to track and trace the funds, as they are the ones that issued it. After calling IG this morning, I was informed I would have a receipt emailed within a few hours, however that has not happened. Hopefully they will resolve this for me soon. 

I wonder if other people are having the same problem right now due to a broader system issue?  

Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, fEkuaR said:

Hi there, I am having exactly the same problem. I withdrew on my card of which I used to fund, on the 14th, as of the 24th I am still to see my money materialise in my bank account. This is something I have completed dozens of times before, all without issue. 

After contacted IG Friday last week, I was told I needed to talk to my bank. I called my bank first thing this morning, they tell me they have no visibility, and it's on IG to track and trace the funds, as they are the ones that issued it. After calling IG this morning, I was informed I would have a receipt emailed within a few hours, however that has not happened. Hopefully they will resolve this for me soon. 

I wonder if other people are having the same problem right now due to a broader system issue?  

Hey, 

We are able to provide a receipt of withdrawal, I've reached out to our Australian team to send out the receipt of withdrawal. Unfortunately I can't see if this was sent already but if it hasn't it will be with you tomorrow. 

You're right to ask for one, card withdrawals usually take 2-4 working days. 

All the best 

Link to post
  • 0
On 25/05/2021 at 07:36, fEkuaR said:

Hi Charlotte, 

I received the receipt from the Australian team. I've since asked that they escalate this internally, as the details are all correct, however the money has not materialised in my bank account. My bank have confirmed there is no account issues on their end, the money isn't pending, it's just not come through. 

Are there ever delays like this due to backlogs or something? Can IG perform a trace on the transaction to see where the money is currently sitting? 

Hi Charlotte,

I am facing similar issue, have you got fund yet if so how did you proceeds, 

I am waiting on fund since last 7 working days. 

Could you please help me out 

Link to post
  • 0
On 24/05/2021 at 14:16, fEkuaR said:

Hi there, I am having exactly the same problem. I withdrew on my card of which I used to fund, on the 14th, as of the 24th I am still to see my money materialise in my bank account. This is something I have completed dozens of times before, all without issue. 

After contacted IG Friday last week, I was told I needed to talk to my bank. I called my bank first thing this morning, they tell me they have no visibility, and it's on IG to track and trace the funds, as they are the ones that issued it. After calling IG this morning, I was informed I would have a receipt emailed within a few hours, however that has not happened. Hopefully they will resolve this for me soon. 

I wonder if other people are having the same problem right now due to a broader system issue?  

Is the withdrawal for Westpac Debit card? I have the same issue. It is already 10 days. It seems that the system has some problems recently. 

Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, cpicey said:

Is the withdrawal for Westpac Debit card? I have the same issue. It is already 10 days. It seems that the system has some problems recently. 

Yes, mate. It is a Westpac Debit card. Glad to hear I'm not alone here.  

I've had a really great guy on the Australian IG team start assisting me yesterday. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

Link to post
  • 0
On 24/05/2021 at 22:36, fEkuaR said:

Hi Charlotte, 

I received the receipt from the Australian team. I've since asked that they escalate this internally, as the details are all correct, however the money has not materialised in my bank account. My bank have confirmed there is no account issues on their end, the money isn't pending, it's just not come through. 

Are there ever delays like this due to backlogs or something? Can IG perform a trace on the transaction to see where the money is currently sitting? 

 

8 hours ago, Ravi1812 said:

Hi Charlotte,

I am facing similar issue, have you got fund yet if so how did you proceeds, 

I am waiting on fund since last 7 working days. 

Could you please help me out 

 

3 hours ago, cpicey said:

Is the withdrawal for Westpac Debit card? I have the same issue. It is already 10 days. It seems that the system has some problems recently. 

Hey all, 

With card withdrawal they usually take 2-4 working days. When you request a card withdrawal on your account, on IG, the funds will leave us the same working day or the following working day. These have to go through an intermediate before traveling to your bank. 

We can provide a receipt. This is used when the funds are with the bank but haven't been allocated to your account. 

When we track the funds it means we're trying to identify it the funds are still with the intermediate or if they've reached the bank. 

Thank you for discussing amongst yourselves as you mentioned these were back to Westpac Debit cards. I will pass this information onto our payments team. 

All the best and apologies for this delay in your withdrawal. 

 

Link to post
  • 0

Morning all, 

I received the following email last night from IG. In case anyone else is experiencing the issue, IG are aware of the issue, and are working to resolve. May take some of the worry out of it for anyone else currently waiting. 



We’re aware that fund withdrawals to Debit Mastercard are currently experiencing delays. The withdrawn funds have been approved and have left IG to be processed by our payment service provider. We’re working with them to urgently investigate the delay and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Withdrawals to other card types, PayPal and bank accounts remain unaffected. Please note that if you have funds that you would like to withdraw via an alternative method, you may need to provide documents to verify your card and bank account as well as your original deposit.
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 0

Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue after selling my shares and withdrawing to my mastercard debit card with commbank. I completed withdrawal on the 14th of May as well and I am having the same issue, was wondering if any of you people have received your funds as of yet. 

Cheers, 

Fellow aussie 

Link to post
  • 0
On 26/05/2021 at 15:59, fEkuaR said:

Yes, mate. It is a Westpac Debit card. Glad to hear I'm not alone here.  

I've had a really great guy on the Australian IG team start assisting me yesterday. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

Finally, I received this withdrawal today. You can now check your account. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      15,416
    • Total Posts
      73,944
    • Total Members
      62,333
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    Begs
    Joined 17/06/21 05:51
  • Posts

    • When there's no volatility and very limited price action in the forex market what does a trader do? Are the only solutions/options: Risk more capital Use more leverage if possible Extend your trading time, meaning hold your trades longer Any other ideas?
    • Here's a catchy tune to have in your head while you 'just buy the fekking dip'.     Push it!
    • Hi RFSmithers, Thanks for the tips... But when I searched for trusted "ECN" broker in Australia for CFD Index trading, IG Market is among the returned result! So with what you suggested and what the search result I got, IG Market seems to be still the one to stick with for CFD Index trading. Please note that, regarding the market trend is to be against your trade or not, from my experience so far, I think it is really up to you on when to enter the trade, for example: - if you enter the trade at the time when the market is flat with no trend, then it is just like you jump into the calm water and then you make the big splash which could be against yourself - if you enter the trade at the time when the market is on trending, where: if you enter against the trend, then you will be eaten alive from there - FULL STOP - Period; however if you enter on riding the trend, then you will be picking up the fruits along the way through...   So with the above, to summarise, it seems to me that (of course - correct me if wrong): 1) IG Market is still the trusted ECN broker in Australia for CFD Index trading 2) A trader needs to know when to enter the trade to ensure s/he to ride on the trend to pick fruits, but not to be eaten alive.   Cheers Victor           What do you think? Cheers.
×
×
  • Create New...