Withdrawals

GIDDOES

Question

Hi There,

I sold my shares to move into Crypto to buy in for the dump.

I waited 2 or 3 days for my funds in IG to become available, when available I then withdrew the funds to my card on Sunday the 18th of April not wanting to pay $15 to transfer to my bank account.

I chose the Card option as that is how I have deposited much of my funds into IG. Your time stated being 1 to 5 business days.

I am yet to receive my funds to date being Saturday the 24th of April past the latest 5 business days to execution of funds.

Osko in instant funds, sell shares and to date 9 days still no funds.

You will probably say not our end, but you state 1-5 days maximum which is what I was counting on.

I will contact Citibank today and update you of their end.

Regards

IG user

10 answers to this question

Hi Charlotte, 

I received the receipt from the Australian team. I've since asked that they escalate this internally, as the details are all correct, however the money has not materialised in my bank account. My bank have confirmed there is no account issues on their end, the money isn't pending, it's just not come through. 

Are there ever delays like this due to backlogs or something? Can IG perform a trace on the transaction to see where the money is currently sitting? 

• Like 2

Hi there, I am having exactly the same problem. I withdrew on my card of which I used to fund, on the 14th, as of the 24th I am still to see my money materialise in my bank account. This is something I have completed dozens of times before, all without issue. 

After contacted IG Friday last week, I was told I needed to talk to my bank. I called my bank first thing this morning, they tell me they have no visibility, and it's on IG to track and trace the funds, as they are the ones that issued it. After calling IG this morning, I was informed I would have a receipt emailed within a few hours, however that has not happened. Hopefully they will resolve this for me soon. 

I wonder if other people are having the same problem right now due to a broader system issue?  

12 hours ago, fEkuaR said:

Hi there, I am having exactly the same problem. I withdrew on my card of which I used to fund, on the 14th, as of the 24th I am still to see my money materialise in my bank account. This is something I have completed dozens of times before, all without issue. 

After contacted IG Friday last week, I was told I needed to talk to my bank. I called my bank first thing this morning, they tell me they have no visibility, and it's on IG to track and trace the funds, as they are the ones that issued it. After calling IG this morning, I was informed I would have a receipt emailed within a few hours, however that has not happened. Hopefully they will resolve this for me soon. 

I wonder if other people are having the same problem right now due to a broader system issue?  

Hey, 

We are able to provide a receipt of withdrawal, I've reached out to our Australian team to send out the receipt of withdrawal. Unfortunately I can't see if this was sent already but if it hasn't it will be with you tomorrow. 

You're right to ask for one, card withdrawals usually take 2-4 working days. 

All the best 

On 25/05/2021 at 07:36, fEkuaR said:

Hi Charlotte, 

I received the receipt from the Australian team. I've since asked that they escalate this internally, as the details are all correct, however the money has not materialised in my bank account. My bank have confirmed there is no account issues on their end, the money isn't pending, it's just not come through. 

Are there ever delays like this due to backlogs or something? Can IG perform a trace on the transaction to see where the money is currently sitting? 

Hi Charlotte,

I am facing similar issue, have you got fund yet if so how did you proceeds, 

I am waiting on fund since last 7 working days. 

Could you please help me out 

On 24/05/2021 at 14:16, fEkuaR said:

Is the withdrawal for Westpac Debit card? I have the same issue. It is already 10 days. It seems that the system has some problems recently. 

3 hours ago, cpicey said:

Is the withdrawal for Westpac Debit card? I have the same issue. It is already 10 days. It seems that the system has some problems recently. 

Yes, mate. It is a Westpac Debit card. Glad to hear I'm not alone here.  

I've had a really great guy on the Australian IG team start assisting me yesterday. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

On 24/05/2021 at 22:36, fEkuaR said:

Hi Charlotte, 

8 hours ago, Ravi1812 said:

Hi Charlotte,

I am facing similar issue, have you got fund yet if so how did you proceeds, 

I am waiting on fund since last 7 working days. 

Could you please help me out 

3 hours ago, cpicey said:

Hey all, 

With card withdrawal they usually take 2-4 working days. When you request a card withdrawal on your account, on IG, the funds will leave us the same working day or the following working day. These have to go through an intermediate before traveling to your bank. 

We can provide a receipt. This is used when the funds are with the bank but haven't been allocated to your account. 

When we track the funds it means we're trying to identify it the funds are still with the intermediate or if they've reached the bank. 

Thank you for discussing amongst yourselves as you mentioned these were back to Westpac Debit cards. I will pass this information onto our payments team. 

All the best and apologies for this delay in your withdrawal. 

Morning all, 

I received the following email last night from IG. In case anyone else is experiencing the issue, IG are aware of the issue, and are working to resolve. May take some of the worry out of it for anyone else currently waiting. 

We’re aware that fund withdrawals to Debit Mastercard are currently experiencing delays. The withdrawn funds have been approved and have left IG to be processed by our payment service provider. We’re working with them to urgently investigate the delay and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Withdrawals to other card types, PayPal and bank accounts remain unaffected. Please note that if you have funds that you would like to withdraw via an alternative method, you may need to provide documents to verify your card and bank account as well as your original deposit.
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

I am having the same issue after selling my shares and withdrawing to my mastercard debit card with commbank. I completed withdrawal on the 14th of May as well and I am having the same issue, was wondering if any of you people have received your funds as of yet. 

Cheers, 

Fellow aussie 

On 26/05/2021 at 15:59, fEkuaR said:

Yes, mate. It is a Westpac Debit card. Glad to hear I'm not alone here.  

I've had a really great guy on the Australian IG team start assisting me yesterday. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

Finally, I received this withdrawal today. You can now check your account.