Order System Error

ToffAppleton

Question

I’ve been with IG for 4 years and I’m a regular trader. I’ve made 325 trades in the past 12 months on my share dealing account. 
Everything worked well until I placed a good til canceled limit order last Friday. The order was filled the following Monday but part of the order stayed on the system. It didn’t execute but it took four days and endless hours of phone calls before it was finally removed yesterday. 

This wouldn’t have bothered me, but an unsettled cash debit for this order has been taken from my cash account balance. They have taken money for a trade that doesn’t exist. 
i accept technical issues happen and this was a system error, but what I can’t accept is their inability and length of time they’re taking to put things rights and pay the money back into my account. This incident has really shaken my faith in IG - the bond of trust between client and provider has been broken. 

Has anyone else on here had a similar experience? 
and if so how long did it take to resolve? 

AC5E57A7-8EFC-4FF3-A96F-1ECE6674B36A.png

1 answer to this question

On 21/05/2021 at 15:09, ToffAppleton said:

I’ve been with IG for 4 years and I’m a regular trader. I’ve made 325 trades in the past 12 months on my share dealing account. 
Everything worked well until I placed a good til canceled limit order last Friday. The order was filled the following Monday but part of the order stayed on the system. It didn’t execute but it took four days and endless hours of phone calls before it was finally removed yesterday. 

This wouldn’t have bothered me, but an unsettled cash debit for this order has been taken from my cash account balance. They have taken money for a trade that doesn’t exist. 
i accept technical issues happen and this was a system error, but what I can’t accept is their inability and length of time they’re taking to put things rights and pay the money back into my account. This incident has really shaken my faith in IG - the bond of trust between client and provider has been broken. 

Has anyone else on here had a similar experience? 
and if so how long did it take to resolve? 

AC5E57A7-8EFC-4FF3-A96F-1ECE6674B36A.png

Thanks for your post. 

I've contacted our client facing team as this is a rare issue and we were able to find your account. 

The issue has now been resolved and someone will be sending you an email shortly with a break down. 

We do apologise for the issue and please know this doesn't happen often which is why it took a little longer to rectify than other issues normally would. Please know, we have been doing everything we can to get this sorted but as we mentioned this was a new issue so we had to understand the problem before rectifying it. Although we have some client facing staff in at the weekend not all staff work at the weekend which is why we were unable update you Saturday or Sunday. 

If you have any other questions let me know by quoting my post. 

All the best