Error message for API response - error.security.account-migrated

winghimjns

Question

Dear support,

I am an experienced developer but new to trading and ig.com. Now trying to develop my trading application via the provided API.

As I couldn't find any documentations about error messages and the resolutions for them, I'd like to ask if anyone can help me for the following error message.

{"errorCode":"error.security.account-migrated"}

The response is from the session endpoint for authentication which we should access before any trading actions: [POST] https://demo-api.ig.com/gateway/deal/session

I wonder how can I solve this and be able to get the access token for other endpoints.

Thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

On 12/06/2021 at 19:36, winghimjns said:

Dear support,

I am an experienced developer but new to trading and ig.com. Now trying to develop my trading application via the provided API.

As I couldn't find any documentations about error messages and the resolutions for them, I'd like to ask if anyone can help me for the following error message.

{"errorCode":"error.security.account-migrated"}

The response is from the session endpoint for authentication which we should access before any trading actions: [POST] https://demo-api.ig.com/gateway/deal/session

I wonder how can I solve this and be able to get the access token for other endpoints.

Thanks for your help.

5 hours ago, Cruise360 said:

Hi All

I've got the exact same issue. Is there a fix?

Thanks.

Hi @winghimjns @Cruise360,

For API assistance, please reach out to webapisupport@ig.com this email is dedicated to IG API support.

All the best - Arvin