Guarantee Stop change

JacFlowTrade

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JacFlowTrade said:

Hi Guys 

I have started new training and implementing their strategies. I would manually like to manage my risk according to the strategy and not use the guarantee stop that IG platform is implementing. How do I change or switch this option off?

Hi @JacFlowTrade,

You most likely have a limited risk account at the moment that requires you to attach a Guaranteed stop to your positions.
Once you have traded a bit longer with IG you will be eligible for a standard account( meaning no need to attach guaranteed stops) .

If you need further information, please reach out to helpdesk.au@ig.com.

All the best - Arvin

This makes no sense to me as I want to reduce my risk on some trades but it won't let me.  This is really frustrating trading a well managed strategy and really does not put risk reward in my favour. I have been trading with IG for nearly a year surly that should be enough with a demo and live account. If I can't get a normal account I will sadly have to get another broker which is not ideal but at least I can managed my risk more effectively which is ultimately the name of the game. 

Hope we can sort this out. 

23 hours ago, JacFlowTrade said:

This makes no sense to me as I want to reduce my risk on some trades but it won't let me.  This is really frustrating trading a well managed strategy and really does not put risk reward in my favour. I have been trading with IG for nearly a year surly that should be enough with a demo and live account. If I can't get a normal account I will sadly have to get another broker which is not ideal but at least I can managed my risk more effectively which is ultimately the name of the game. 

Hi @JacFlowTrade,

I will send you an email with further information.

Thank you - Arvin

On 11/08/2021 at 11:21, JacFlowTrade said:

Hi @JacFlowTrade,

It should be all sorted now, and you should be able to force open positions ( opposite directions).

All the best - Arvin