EUR/USD Spread

noon

Question

1 answer to this question

Hi @noon

Thanks for reaching out.

Please note that on FX we have a variable spread. 0.6 points being the minimum on EUR/USD, average spread being 1.04 points. You can find this information from the following link: https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/what-are-igs-forex-spread-bet-product-details 

I have included some extracts from the page for your convenience. 

All the best 

Anda 

image.png

image.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• I'm hoping someone can help me to understand what causes huge spikes in the spread and how best to trade and avoid being caught out in them.  I've attached some screenshots of Wesfarmers LTD, a stock in the ASX. When you look at the ask price for 11am 04.12.2023 there is a massive spike in price however the bid price barely moves at all. This would have wiped out any short positions. There is no increase in volume and the market had already been open for one hour before the price change. There was also no earnings or other factors that I can find online which would explain the price move.  Can anyone in the forum please help me to understand what the reason is for these type of fluctuations in the spread that only last a minute or so? I've attached screenshots of the bid/ask price for the daily and the 5-minute range. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks  
    • BGB serves as the utility token for Bitget, offering perks like discounted trading fees and exclusive investment opportunities. It's impressive to see its price climb steadily to an all-time high of $1.43. Exciting times for BGB holders!
    • Absolutely excited about this opportunity! It's great to see Bitget offering equal chances for everyone to participate and earn rewards.
us