To the mooon!

Anyone noticed Tesla price action of late? It's almost singlehandedly keeping the Nasdaq in the green. I had shorted it, but it had become too painful so took a haircut and called it quits and lesson learned. Tesla is the meme stock of meme stocks, where fundamentals no longer apply. According to mElon Teslatics everyone will be driving a Tesla and all other car companies are destined for recycling. It justifies its astonishing p/e 100x  + metric with vague, fantastical projections of future profits, difficult to realise. Currently Tesla trades with a through the roof RSI of, wait for it, 90.7 a jaw dropping CCI of 257.5 and a 20 point gap between MACD and signal, the stochastics are equally stratospheric at 90...

It's the sort of TA most crypto currencies could only dream of.  Frankly, I see the most valuable part of Tesla as  the 46 666 BTC they own. Where, quite the other  $995 billion of value comes from is anyone's guess. Yes, it's true they are profitable, but right now so is the whole sector. Yes, there is a maniacal, loyal band of fundamentalist mElon lovers seeing him as a deified tech super spirit embodying all that is good and right in technology. Personally, I like him, like his ideas, but find the price of Tesla and Teslas to be somewhat in the range of offensively excessive. Would far rather own SpaceX shares truth be told. I digress, 

The technicals of Tesla all point to it reaching it's Zenith, it's about as far up the mountain as is unreasonably reasonable atm. But hey, what do I know? I am a simple , unfashionable Oil and Gasoline trader, my positions on which have not changed. Am still long on Oil and Gas and energy as a whole, going into 22 with a price target of $110-$120+ for Brent by end of 22, possibly higher. Expect to see $100 within 6 months, in all likelihood sooner. 

If you have been riding the Tesla wave, well done, but do you really justify that price? I struggle and fail too. But have learned  not to mess with the Meme. 

• Like 3
Guest John8865

Hi 786 Trader, 

Couldnt agree with you more , im short Nasdaq all day long because as you rightly point out the N100 completely propped up my Tesla in my humble opinion. Excellent point on oil however I see potential 140 a barrel by mid 2022 , supply and demand will always dictate. One other point on Tesla 100,000 units to be purchased by Hertz ? at what price I wonder and when will they (Tesla) be able to fill the order i wonder. Anyway expect lots of volatility !!!!    

Hi 786Trader,

i was confused early in 2020 with the BS i read about Elon and Tesla, i was following it very close and then started to do deeper research, which uncovered stellar info.

Yes many of the regular metrics don't seem to apply to Tesla, Ive come across from FX trading to focus more on specific shares, as it certainly looks to have far better fundamentals to understand.

As a Target for analysis it has features which are unique, Tesla has zero dealership channels, they also manufacture many critical components themselves, they've had a few years to perfect their battery cell tech, and all of those who laughed at Elon using "laptop batteries" to power a car. His team have now the 4080 battery cell to be launched, a better battery power density, improved weight, less Rare Earth metals, and simpler to make! 

I'm sure you have heard of Cathy Wood of Ark invest, she is quite a bull on TESLA, yet she shows great insight into why Tesla is cool!

Here is my skin in the game

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 19.27.19.png

• Like 1

image.png

• Tesla hit a $1 trillion valuation for the first time ever on Monday, after eclipsing $900 billion on Friday.
  • The move solidified Tesla as the second-fastest company ever to hit the milestone valuation, barely behind Facebook.
  • Shares of Tesla have surged nearly 30% in October thanks to record profits and a 100,000 vehicle order from Hertz.

Tesla: Current and upcoming models, prices, specs, and more - Electrek

Business Insider

All the best - MongiIG

50 minutes ago, MongiIG said:

17% surge in a week, 30% in a month.....totally normal? VW for example delivered 231,600 all-electric vehicles and 190500 plug in hybrid vehicles in 2020 and in the most advanced EV market in the world (Norway) outsold and usurped Tesla, taking #1 and #3 spot sales by volume. VW ID3 being top seller VW sold 9.3 million vehicles 2020. Tesla are on target to sell 786000 vehicles in 2021. VW are valued at $100 billion, Tesla $1 trillion. Tesla stock surges are Meme-like in weight and size. A dangerous precedent. 

As a trader it is great if you are flying to the moon on Tesla stock valuations.  Despite the Hertz order,     (fulfilment of which is dependent on Austin being 100% functional), the giga factory in Berlin, operational efficiencies and implementation, export of China vehicles with cheaper Iron phosphate batteries, software issues with full automated driving, all add to operations that will effect profitability with even the slightest hitch or snag. P/e metrics don't stack up, in fact one needs rose tinted glasses and a heady mix of excessive wonderland optimism when one does ones due diligence and tries to see past the hype regards Tesla numbers. The TA looks like its ready to burst/correct. It's flying a car to the moon...

All the same, if you are on it and believe, good luck to you. Am steering well clear myself.

All the best - MongiIG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• WTI Elliott wave analysis  Function - Counter-trend  Mode - Corrective  Structure - Triple Zigzag  Position - Wave X of triple zigzag Direction - Wave X of the triple zigzag is still in play Details - We still count a double zigzag for wave X. Current rally should stay below 85.64 to confirm (b) before turning down for (c) around 79.23-76.90. Invalidation below 75.49 will make us consider an impulse from 87.63 instead. Overall, WTI still supports the medium-term bullish triple zigzag sequence provided 75.49 is not breached. Not changed from the last update. WTI crude oil prices are currently undergoing a retracement of the pullback initiated on April 12th. This pullback, in conjunction with the ongoing recovery, appears to be corrective rather than indicative of a substantial reversal. Looking ahead, there's a likelihood of witnessing another upward movement surpassing the high set on April 12th in the upcoming weeks. However, it's crucial to note that the bullish corrective sequence, initiated in December 2023, remains intact, awaiting a definitive break, potentially signaled by an impulse wave downward. Analyzing the long-term perspective, particularly on the daily chart, reveals a corrective price structure evolving from the high of 120.91 in March 2022. This corrective phase retraces the preceding impulse wave, which spanned from the tumultuous period of April 2020 to its culmination in March 2022 at 130.91. This corrective pattern is unfolding into a double zigzag formation, with the current phase representing the final leg, denoted as wave Y of primary degree. Considering the intermediate degree wave (B) from 67.81, it's imperative that the price does not breach 95 before initiating a downturn for the corresponding wave (C). Despite the potential completion of wave (B) at 87.63 with a double zigzag pattern, the subsequent decline appears corrective in nature, leaving room for the possibility of another upward rally, perhaps forming a triple zigzag wave (B). However, a decisive downward break from 87.63 would indicate the commencement of wave (C) with an impulse or leading diagonal pattern. Zooming in on the H4 chart, a double zigzag formation is taking shape from 87.63, expected to conclude within the range of 79.23 to 76.90 before the price reverses direction for wave Z of (B). This constitutes the first scenario. Alternatively, if wave (b) extends higher and surpasses 87.63, it would signify the completion of wave X, with wave Z poised to ascend further. The third scenario comes into play if the decline extends beyond 75.48, potentially signaling the completion of wave (B) at 87.63 and indicating a bearish outlook for wave (C). Monitoring these scenarios on the H4 charts will provide valuable insights into the unfolding price dynamics, guiding potential trading strategies in the volatile WTI crude oil market.   Technical Analyst : Sanmi Adeagbo Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!        
    • Why are your June No Lead Gasoline futures, with an expiry of 30-May, shown as "Closing only: contract due to expire" but your May No Lead Gasoline, expiring 29-Apr, shown as tradable? Your futures desk really ought to be on top of this, it makes it extremely difficult to trade futures when you only put the near term futures up to trade and then over-write with the next roll. It's not the first time I've seen this happen. Ideally, you should be showing at least the next 3 contracts.
    • MSFT Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart Microsoft Inc., (MSFT) Daily Chart MSFT Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Counter Trend MODE: Corrective STRUCTURE: Zigzag POSITION: Intermediate (2) DIRECTION: Bottom in wave A of (2).   DETAILS: We are considering a significant top in place with wave (1), and we are now looking for a three wave move correction into wave (2). We seem to be finding buyers on Medium Levell 400$, looking for 400$ to turn into resistance.         MSFT Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4Hr Chart Microsoft Inc., (MSFT) 4Hr Chart MSFT Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Counter Trend MODE: Corrective STRUCTURE: Zigzag POSITION: Wave A.   DIRECTION: Bottom in wave {v}. DETAILS: I can count a clear five wave move into wave A, with alternation between {ii} and {iv}. Looking for a pullback in wave B to then fall back lower.       In this comprehensive Elliott Wave analysis for Microsoft Corporation (MSFT), we provide an in-depth review of the stock’s potential movements based on its current wave patterns, as observed in both the daily and 4-hour charts on April 26, 2024. This analysis aims to assist traders and investors in understanding the underlying market dynamics and planning their strategies accordingly.       * MSFT Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* The daily chart of MSFT shows the stock in a corrective phase with a zigzag structure, identified as Intermediate wave (2). Currently, the stock is witnessing a bottom formation in wave A of (2). After observing a significant top in wave (1), MSFT appears to be undergoing a corrective three-wave movement. The price level around $400, which has been attracting buyers, is anticipated to evolve into a resistance level. Traders should monitor this zone closely for potential reversal signals. * MSFT Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4Hr Chart* Moving into the 4-hour chart, the analysis continues to reflect a counter-trend with a zigzag corrective structure, highlighting the end of Wave A. Here, a clear five-wave movement has been identified, with distinct alternations between waves {ii} and {iv}. The current position, at the bottom of wave {v}, suggests that the stock might experience a short-term pullback in wave B before potentially declining further. This provides a strategic point for traders to look for entry and exit points during the unfolding of wave B.
us