Jump to content
  • 0

Corrupted chart data on MT4?


Vestapol

Question

My MT4 charts all go crazy at 23 March 2020. The first pic ends on 23 March. You can see that the ATR is starting to shoot off the scale. The next is one candle forward, where you can see that the price axis has shot up to show ridiculous figures and the earlier data has disappeared. The chart then flatlines, with a couple of bumps, to 10 May 2021, before everything reappears back to 24 March 2020. So, no data is missing, because the 'reappeared' data starts where the 'disappeared' data leaves off, but when I'm backtesting, the backtests take place in the flat area, meaning I can't examine those trades. I have tried downloading history, but get the message that no more is available. This happens with all currency pairs.

I have MT4 installed with another broker, and this doesn't happen there, but it doesn't happen on the IG platform either. Any ideas how to fix this, please?

Missing 1.png

Missing 2.png

Missing 3.png

Link to comment

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
13 hours ago, Vestapol said:

I have MT4 installed with another broker, and this doesn't happen there, but it doesn't happen on the IG platform either. Any ideas how to fix this, please?

This is correct, All the FX charts on the mt4 demo platform have gained a false spike (23 Mar 2020) that makes all the long term charts unusable.

1g1.thumb.PNG.f1696ede479a2bdd73e079254ea44e1e.PNG

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

This is correct, All the FX charts on the mt4 demo platform have gained a false spike (23 Mar 2020) that makes all the long term charts unusable.

1g1.thumb.PNG.f1696ede479a2bdd73e079254ea44e1e.PNG

1) Thanks for clarifying, but they're not unusable on all brokers' MT4 demo platforms, so presumably it's just an IG problem. Why don't IG just fix it?

2) If it's not fixable, is it possible for me to replace the history files with uncorrupted ones from another source?

3) My backtesting software makes trades during the 'blank' window (though obviously the data are there somewhere, I just can't see any detail). Do you know whether the results would be affected?

NZDUSDDaily.png

EURJPYDaily.png

Link to comment
  • 0
13 minutes ago, Vestapol said:

1) Thanks for clarifying, but they're not unusable on all brokers' MT4 demo platforms, so presumably it's just an IG problem. Why don't IG just fix it?

2) If it's not fixable, is it possible for me to replace the history files with uncorrupted ones from another source?

3) My backtesting software makes trades during the 'blank' window (though obviously the data are there somewhere, I just can't see any detail). Do you know whether the results would be affected?

Yes it will be on IG's demo data feed not other brokers. MT4 is 3 third party so IG will need the company they lease the platform from to reset to the historic data point that's causing the spike. Couldn't say how it might affect your backtest programme.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...