Serious PRT bug happening every day

I have been using IG for many years and there is a bug which used to happen occasionally last year but now happens every day this year which will affect thousands of your clients many of whom will be blissfully unaware especially if they use candlesticks on the charts.

There are 3 or 4 major UK shares on spread betting DFB where PRT time incorrectly plots and reports a pre 8am plot seconds before the market opens.

Worldpay, TUI AG and Paddy Power Betfair are the usual 3.

The data in the extra plot is garbage, not an auction price and means that the opening time and price (the most important plot of the day) and all indicators relying on these are wrong for the rest of the day!

Note these plots do not appear on your own in house charts just PRT and from the FTSE100 shares it is only the same 3 or 4 shares which means they cannot be traded.

I have tried to raise this with your IT department but have been fobbed off so posting here in public is almost a last resort.

I am a big fan and loyal to IG but please no waffle excuses or fobbing off - just a date when this serious problem will be fixed.

Thank you in advance.

Hi

We have asked IT finance this question before based on the screenshots you had sent to us. IT finance replied that the data they use is the un-modified version of the feed, this is something they cannot change. You can perhaps specify your trading hours for the LSE feed however this would limit your historical data by a considerable amount.

We would be happy to query this matter with IT finance again if you have any new data on the issue.

Thanks

Anton

Thank you for your reply but it is nonsense with respect as the pre 8am plots would appear on ALL shares.  The problem just affects the same 3 or 4 shares every day and the data plotted is wild and spurious.

It is simply a bug.  Please stop fobbing me off.  

Note even when the trading hours are adjusted to be >=8 am the plots still appear and mess up the indicators for the whole day.

Interestingly enough the bug did not happen today for the first time all year ...maybe somebody has quietly fixed the bug or maybe a very helpful gentleman in your South African office who I spoke to yesterday managed to get IT Finance to fix it.

I will monitor the situation and feedback if the bug re appears.  Thank you for your assistance.

Archived