iOS alerts no longer working

Nutm3g

Question

On iOS my alerts have stopped working. They worked fine before I switched them off, after switching them back on I get no alerts.

The alert happens in the app - ie you can see the alert has triggered in the alert screen.

When you are in the app and an alert triggers, the red bubble on the app icon increments to show the alert. If you are not in the app, the bubble doesnt display/increment.

If notifications are disabled on the iphone, the IG app will not permit me to set the alert.

What have I done to try to fix to no avail:

• Deleted app, hard rebooted phone and reinstalled app
  • Deleted app, hard rebooted phone, updated iOS and reinstalled app
  • Switched off notifications for a period before re-instating them
  • Changed the notification types
  • Double double checked Notification settings against apps who's notifications are working to confirm set-up
  • Explored the market for alternative apps that work!

Would appreciate any thoughts that don't involve resetting the iphone :)

Edited by Nutm3g
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Nutm3g said:

On iOS my alerts have stopped working. They worked fine before I switched them off, after switching them back on I get no alerts.

The alert happens in the app - ie you can see the alert has triggered in the alert screen.

When you are in the app and an alert triggers, the red bubble on the app icon increments to show the alert. If you are not in the app, the bubble doesnt display/increment.

If notifications are disabled on the iphone, the IG app will not permit me to set the alert.

What have I done to try to fix to no avail:

• Deleted app, hard rebooted phone and reinstalled app
  • Deleted app, hard rebooted phone, updated iOS and reinstalled app
  • Switched off notifications for a period before re-instating them
  • Changed the notification types
  • Double double checked Notification settings against apps who's notifications are working to confirm set-up
  • Explored the market for alternative apps that work!

Would appreciate any thoughts that don't involve resetting the iphone :)

Hi @Nutm3g,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please email helpdesk.uk@ig.com with the above details and screenshots so we can open a trouble ticket with IT to resolve this promptly.

Regards,
AshishIG

Alerts have started working again for me on my iPhone - i haven't chaged anything so assume there was a release that fixed this? I only realised on Monday when I set one to see if they were working again - don't know when it was resolved.

Thanks for the update.  I've had the issue on and off before and it usually fixes itself, but it's frustrating when you're expecting alerts that don't get notified.  Funnily enough I've had one come through on my phone just now whilst typing this!!

• Like 1