Why this huge discrepancy?

5 hours ago, Franswa38 said:

Am on Long way up almost 42 pips and my profit is @ 9usd..Surely yet am on a 5 usd/per pip

whats going on?

17133921846531137360700318414175.jpg

Hi @Franswa38, Can you please confirm the opening price and the price at the time you took this screenshot? If the position is up by 42 pips and you are trading at $5 per pip, the amount shouldn't be that low. Do you have a screenshot that includes the price? Also, do you know the time this screenshot was taken?

Regards,
AshishIG

Yes yes.i have every thing.This was before and after 5pm.My opening price was 1.0716.I honestly feel robbed and i recorded the whole thing but sadly am unble to attach it here. FYI this isn't the first time and i habe twice called your office.

Forgive me for adding here as I may not be able to help, but I'd like to comment on your screen shot you've provided.  If your Stop is only 2 pips below your 'Buy in' and is -£11, then how have you calculated it is up 48pips when the distance between the current level and the Stop is almost the same?  your chart is also showing the ASK price

@Franswa38, if I'm not mistaken, on your photo you're pointing at April 17 22:45 BST 15 minute ask candle. If I'm not mistaken, at that point in time, EUR/USD bid-ask spread was around 0.00050. If you are basing your 42 pips in profit on the demonstrated ask graph, you're ignoring the spread you will have to pay to close long position - you will sell using bid, not ask price. If you subtract ~0.00050 spread from 42 pips you think you're in profit, $9.28 makes much more sense.

In short, to monitor the profit on a long position you need to look at the bid, not ask graph. For that, click on the "Ask" text near "15 Mins" and choose "Bid". You should use ask graph only when you're opening long position, not when you're monitoring it.

P. S. From the photo alone, I would imply the bid price was where the horizontal blue line is, much lower than the ask price you're pointing at.

Edited by neueneuen
  • Like 1

I am a relatively newbie. I have seen similar and also have seen automated closed position has a loss though the close price I have set was above the price I have bought. After about 6 months with a lot of mysterious losses though my closing price was above the opening price, I discovered this was because of the amount charged for opening/closing a position. This is right below BUY and SELL boxes on the right in very small font. This amount vary from  0.9 to 33 or more depending on the level of trading at the time you open or close. It also happens (god knows why it is set to be so, except that the trader is not watching) when there is a lot of buying and selling going on, like an important news has suddenly been out and the result was not the market expected. As a result, I delete all my automated BUY/SELL values before I stop trading for the day. Remember, the the software is set up to favor the IG, not the retail seller. That is why 70% or more end up in loss.  

IG.png

Edited by SAS98KGJ
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, SAS98KGJ said:

I am a relatively newbie. I have seen similar and also have seen automated closed position has a loss though the close price I have set was above the price I have bought. After about 6 months with a lot of mysterious losses though my closing price was above the opening price, I discovered this was because of the amount charged for opening/closing a position. This is right below BUY and SELL boxes on the right in very small font. This amount vary from  0.9 to 33 or more depending on the level of trading at the time you open or close. It also happens (god knows why it is set to be so, except that the trader is not watching) when there is a lot of buying and selling going on, like an important news has suddenly been out and the result was not the market expected. As a result, I delete all my automated BUY/SELL values before I stop trading for the day. Remember, the the software is set up to favor the IG, not the retail seller. That is why 70% or more end up in loss.  

IG.png

The price shown on the graph is the price after the IG's fee taken. That is the reason for discrepancy.

• Sad 1