Market Not Available Online

Guest seshlihem
Message added by JamesIG

This thread contains an account type known as "Limited Risk". Due to regulatory changes this account type no longer applies for European countries. If you have any questions relating to this, or wish to continue the discussion, please start a new thread. 

Question

Guest seshlihem

Hello,

I get the above message when trying to buy PML.

It also says 'the market you have requested is no longer available online'. How do I buy this one please? 

12 answers to this question

Guest JustinC

Hi James,

Just set up an account looking to execute my first trades from my share trading account not CFD. Filled out the W form online to allow trading US shares.

Got this message trying to buy Alibaba stock on NYSE? Emailed help desk

JustinC wrote:

Hi James,

Just set up an account looking to execute my first trades from my share trading account not CFD. Filled out the W form online to allow trading US shares.

Got this message trying to buy Alibaba stock on NYSE? Emailed help desk

Hi - unsure when it was you were trying to purchase, but if it was a similar time to when you posted on Community then it's likely it was because the market was shut over the weekend / holiday hours. Please try again during market hours and if you are still having issues give us a call and we'll be able to investigate on your account specifically. 

Guest threeputt

Hello,

I get the above message when trying to buy MORT on exchange

It also says 'the market you have requested is no longer available online'. How do I buy this one please? 

If it is not available on exchange is there any way of finding out if a share is available on exchange before attempting to buy ?

Thanks

Hi - please can you confirm which of the follow you are looking at? 

MORT - NYSE listed - VanEck Vectors ETF Trust

MORT - London listed - Mortice Limited

If it's the second this will be because the market is too illiquid to offer on leveraged trading, usually due to a small market cap, or small free float level. You should however, be able to purchase on an un-leveraged share dealing account. 

Guest davealpro

Hello

I am trying to trade MCS. I get the following message; "Limited Risk trading is not available on this market at this time." I am not sure why. The market is open. It is FTSE250. 

Regards

David

davealpro wrote:

I am trying to trade MCS. I get the following message; "
Limited Risk trading is not available on this market at this time." I am not sure why. The market is open. It is FTSE250. 

Hi - if you have a limited risk account then you will need to have a guaranteed stop on your trade. In some instances however, the market you are trading can't have guaranteed stops ( because it is too volatile for example ), and therefore you wouldn't be able to open a trade. You can read more about limited risk accounts using this help and support link

Guest SpringBounce

Hello, I received "the market you have requested is no longer available online" and I am on the share dealing account. trying to purchase JNJ.

Hello, I received "the market you have requested is no longer available online", i am trying to Sell my Webjet shares.
how do i sell my Webjet shares now?

Guest Ajith

I have faced the same error on IG but I have realised that if I increase my BUY price , it lets me place the order. I faced the error while placing a limit order and I increased my price and it let me. Not sure of what the logic is here.