DMA not using the LSE order book

fft

Question

When entering trades using DMA on the L2 dealer platform, sometimes the trade does not appear in the order book - or only part of it does.  The reason I was given by IG was

"With regards to IQE, only 8500 shares are shown on the LSE order book. This is because our smart order router functionality has automatically sent the remaining trade size across to multiple venues, starting with 'dark pools', in order to execute your trade in the best way. If you are using the L2 platform then you can untick the 'SOR' box and then your order will only be sent to the LSE (where you will see the order in its entirey)."

Which sounds fine,  but I cant see the "SOR" box so that I can untick it and send the entire order to the LSE order book.

And, until the last year, I don't recall this happening and I have been using IG L2 for about 10 (?) years.

1 answer to this question

Hi  - I have spoken to our shares desk and they have made an adjustment to your account settings. Please log out, log back in, and see if the changes have had an effect. You should see it as below, at the bottom next to the 'cancel' button.

If you are still not seeing this please let me know and I'll speak to the desk again, as it may have to be something our L2 dev team adjust. We hardly ever get this request (in 4 years I've never had it) so it's not something we have as a standard, so apologies about the delay in this.

2018-02-14 08_48_00-Inbox - James.Perry@ig.com - Outlook.png

Archived