VerifyMyTrade

Hi  - I've just had a bit of a think on this, and I must admit I don't necessarily see the point of the service for IG clients?

From an our side point of view, me to you without any formal reply from IG: Maybe I am missing something, or maybe this would be more useful for smaller, less reputable brokers who aren't regulated to the same high standards as set out by the FCA and other regulatory bodies, but what use is it? 

FX is an inherently OTC offering, and in IG's case we gain liquidity from a number of the worlds largest international banks. Although we do not disclose who they are, you would certainly know them to be key players. It is also in our interest (and others) to provide the tightest possible spread and the best fill on trades. Furthermore because the offering is OTC, the price we pass on is the best one we can get at the time which is representative of the underlying spot FX market and liquidity we receive. If on the odd occasion there is a different provider who quotes a price, it can mean a number of things (but not necessarily that its a truly better price). 

• We may not have that particular OTC liquidity provider 
  • The price of the 'best' provider may not actually be representative of the market on that tick, but rather simply the slowest price.

You can watch more on our pricing methods below (FX starts at the 2 minute mark). Maybe I've missed the point or missed the point of the problem this solves, so would love a greater run down on the use of this and why you'd think it was advantageous? Looking forwards to a good discussion on this and pricing and execution is an imperative part of our business, and client input is always greatly received. You can also read more on our best ex here: https://www.ig.com/uk/best-execution

Thanks for the reply ,  Autochartist were very quick off the mark with the news of acquisition one day and an email out to clients and clients of affiliates? the next. I think I must have given them my email address at some time but it was the first I had heard from them for years. Also, in the blurb were a lot of mentions of MiFID II and ESMA  new regulations and I was really just wondering if this was sanctioned by IG (which would have surprised me) and if IG had signed up to the broker section of the offering. I have my answer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• MON Protocol aims to be a leading developer and publisher of blockchain-native IPs and games. Their vision extends beyond traditional gaming ecosystems, as they seek to bring games and gaming characters onto the blockchain. MON is an ERC-20 fungible token that powers and governs fractionalized IP ecosystems.   30% of the total supply is allocated for community claims, emphasizing community-driven initiatives. While 29% of the total token supply is dedicated to fostering growth and sustainability within both the Pixelmon and MON Protocol communities. All one billion tokens will be fully unlocked within 48 months of the token generation event (TGE), which is anticipated to take place in Q1 2024. This gradual release underscores MON Protocol's commitment to transparency and ecosystem development. Will MON Protocol's unique approach to IP governance, combined with Bitget's strategic listing, positions it as a frontrunner in fostering community engagement and sustainable ecosystem growth?
    • Another reason I prefer DAX to other markets is that I am able to use my own profitable method on it, which I call "Reverse Trades." In it's simplest form it is a good Entry Point, which is used repeatedly for trades, for as many times as the market price returns to this Entry Point.  This is illustrated in the chart below for 22nd May. The best Reverse Trades occur when the market beats the Entry Price and then re-crosses the Entry Price. If this is not clear, feel free to write to me and I will explain in greater detail.
    • The gaming industry is one of the industries that has effectively leveraged the efficiency of blockchain technology to drive growth. A fiercely competitive sector, it takes unique innovative Ideas to stand out. When analysing the chances of infant GameFi projects to reach the heights, one project seems to have staked a claim to be soon held in the same breath as the leading projects– Param Labs. Param Labs, an AAA game and blockchain development studio is dedicated to creating top-tier blockchain-integrated games with player-owned digital assets, and is developing a modular gaming ecosystem, comprised of games and infrastructure.  Already a trending project thanks to the widespread participation of its airdrop, Param has gone on to strike partnership with Animoca Brands, a frontrunner for advancing digital property rights within gaming and the open metaverse; highlighting its wildfire-esque spread. While the buzzing community anticipate their airdrop reward, the news that it will launch on Bitget on 29th May amongst other exciting listings has spiked the anticipation. If you can relate, how excited are you with the imminent launch and what Param Labs brings to the gaming industry generally?
us