Sign in to follow this  

Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp (CBW)

Question

Hey guys,

Is this the right place to ask ..........

I recently  purchased the stock (CBW) and the commission charged was $167

Can I ask why the commissions are so high.

Cheers

h

5 answers to this question

Hi - I've just had a look at Canadian stock on a CFD account and can see there is a commission of 3 cent per share as shown here. I believe if you are looking at that sort of Commission you would have purchased about 5560 odd shares? If that isn't the case please give us a call and we can have a look into your account directly. I wouldn't be able to advise otherwise on here as we'd be discussing specifics about your account on a public forum. 

OK that's fine...

For everyone's information ...... is there anywhere on the IG platform that we can check what the commission will be on any stocks we trade as this is the largest commission I have ever seen on the platform. In and out of this particular stock is $334 where as your Australian commissions in and out are $16. The U.S. is around $42.

It would seem from my experience that the Canadian market commissions are incredibly high.

Thanks again for all your help in answering my queries.

I do appreciate it.

H

I think US stock are 2 cent no? So that same trade would be about 110 usd or so? I think the commission would also be quoted on the deal ticket before you confirm the trade? UK does I think, and gives a run down of the taxes and stuff to.

Thanks PandaFace.

Apprec your help

H

Apologies for being a ***** as I see now you already pointed me to the page for commissions.

Regards

H