Nikkei 225 warning global stock meltdown see daily chart MACD

Guest 121

Guest EA-trader

According to moving averages , the moving averages have power to send prices lower? I am tying to learn from forum guru!

Always brilliant commentary . I've been a way a while doing other stuff but had to come back with this observation of the Nikkei 225 which I've been tracking for years. Long timeframe but worth noting. Hopefully worse case scenario can be averted.

What would happen to the YEN if this is the beginning of a bear market?

"

TOKYO -- The Bank of Japan's unprecedented buying of exchange-traded funds leave the central bank increasingly vulnerable to a stock market downturn when it comes.

The BOJ held a staggering 20.3 trillion yen ($182 billion) worth of Japanese-equity ETFs as of Sept. 30, up 4.4 trillion yen from six months earlier, data released Tuesday shows. That figure is 2.5 times the bank's capital of 8.1 trillion yen and could top 3 times by the end of the fiscal year next March"

"Estimates show that the market level where the central bank's paper gains would turn to losses lies at around 16,000 for the Nikkei Stock Average, compared with the index's current level of around 22,500. The longer the central bank continues buying, the higher this break-even point will rise."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Tokyo-Market/BOJ-seen-sitting-on-ETF-time-bomb-as-pile-reaches-180bn

Hi . 

Interesting bespoke macd settings 121, last cross over early 2015 but what about your BBands? or are they saved for the lower time frames. 

The central banks are thinking about having a go at attempting to ease off the stimulus pedal but what will happen??? 

I was looking at the recent COT report and the interesting steep rise in volume for indices this 1st quarter (centred on Dow), there was an initial high volume drop but levelled out since and large speculators still remain net long. Interesting.

vol1.PNGvol2.PNGUS30(£)Weekly.png

This MACD idea was just something I stumbled upon in my research and looked interesting. I have not tested it going back decades. It just appeared something useful for the present 10-15 years. Whenever I see a cross, I just think hope the G's will be able to deal with it. Of course there is no guarantee this trend pattern will repeat, but there are a lot of fundamentals at play out there at the moment which could make things repeat again like before.  I don't think my Bollinger Band ideas come in useful here. I tried 800 instead of 20 but think they just add confusion. I like playing around a lot with averages 800, 500, and 34 and that's how I discovered this trend pattern.

Guest PandaFace

Although I agree that technical analysis is great for increasing the probability of a scuessfull execution and gives evidence to suggest where a market could be moving, as well as being useful for gauging entry and exit points, I feel it makes up maybe 40% of my trade decision FOR ME. Obviously different things for different people work...

... but what I wanted to get in this thread is a thoughtful input on the fundamental and technical crossover. For example - what is the underlying fundamental factor that could initiate the sell off? Trumps shenanigans could be a factor, but less so for the nikkei I would expect. Increase in global inflation is too obvious and the central banks would be not only raising those soooo slowly but also have other macro figures firmly in their sights. There don’t seem to be any mega geo political events on the horizon. (Brexit maybe but again, maybe only for the uk and it’s a ‘known’ event).

I like your thinking on this subject. All I know is that policy changes or disagreements between powerful forces can magnify normal cyclical trends. My MACD isn't really tradable as it plays out over a long period of time - probably of more value to an economist. I think it also worked for the Dotcom crash.

interesting reports I picked up recently:-

John Kicklighter posted on his twitter account yesterday he is a chief streategist at dailyFX.com owned by IG:

"Since the $SPX's run above its 200DMA was unceremoniously called to an end, here's the Dow's - 444 trading days. Longest since June 1987" (he shows a chart)

also

"Peter Schiff Warns 'Deep State' Unafraid To Crash The Market On Trump's Watch" reported by zerohedge.com 4/4/2018 and many other sites.

I've also heard said "What trade war more like trade squabble".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) Daily Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Intermediate (1) DIRECTION: Acceleration in wave 3.   DETAILS: Looking for upside in wave 3 as we seem to have had a shallow wave {c} of 2, potentially indicating a strong upward momentum.       TXN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4Hr Chart, Texas Instruments Inc., (TXN) 4Hr Chart TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Wave {i} of 3. DIRECTION: Top in wave {i}. DETAILS: Looking for a pullback in wave {ii} as we top in wave {i} to then look for additional longs, looking for 172$ to provide support. We conducted a detailed Elliott Wave analysis for Texas Instruments Inc. (Ticker: TXN), examining both its daily and 4-hour chart movements. This analysis aims to provide valuable insights into potential future price movements for traders and investors interested in TXN stock.     * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Texas Instruments Inc. is currently exhibiting a strong impulsive trend, characterized by a motive structure placed in Intermediate wave (1). The stock is anticipated to experience acceleration in wave 3 following a shallow wave {c} of 2. This suggests a robust upward momentum, signaling favorable conditions for bullish positions. * TXN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4Hr Chart* On the 4-hour chart, TXN's impulsive trend is further evident, with the stock positioned in Wave {i} of 3. As the stock approaches the top in wave {i}, a pullback is expected in wave {ii}. This corrective phase presents an opportunity for traders to consider additional long positions, with the key support level identified around $172.   Technical Analyst : Alessio Barretta   Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • The yen trades at 34-year lows versus the US dollar as the Bank of Japan kicks off its two-day monetary policy meeting. USD/JPY reached the June 1990 peak at ¥155.56 while EUR/JPY is fast approaching the October 2007 high at ¥167.74. Asian stocks were mixed and a lower open is expected for European stock markets following disappointing after-hours Q1 US earnings by the likes of Meta Platforms which dropped by 15%. In the US preliminary Q1 GDP, initial jobless claims and pending home sales are on the agenda while in Europe German Bundesbank President Nagel will speak at 4:15pm ahead of Friday's US PCE inflation data release.  
    • In the global geopolitical landscape, gold is often seen as a safe haven asset. However, recently, due to easing tensions in the Middle East, market overbuying, and the potential rise in long-term interest rates, gold prices have experienced their largest drop in nearly two years. Ryan Anderson, from the perspective of a financial analyst, discusses the impact of these factors on gold and the entire financial market, providing in-depth analysis and strategic advice for the current market environment. Ryan Anderson points out that the decline in gold prices reflects the reactions of investors to the easing geopolitical tensions and its impact on market sentiment. As concerns about potential conflicts between Israel and Iran diminish, market participants are adjusting their risk preferences, leading to a decline in gold prices from their highs. Additionally, other factors such as overbuying in market technical positions and the potential rise in long-term interest rates are prompting investors to reevaluate their decisions to hold gold. After a thorough analysis of the factors affecting the gold market, Ryan Anderson mentions that although gold prices have been hit hard in the short term, they remain a valuable asset driven by various factors in the long term. First, while geopolitical uncertainties have temporarily eased due to the Middle East situation, global instability factors persist, such as US-China trade relations and political turmoil in Europe. These factors could potentially increase the demand for gold as a safe haven at any time. Second, the trend of central banks buying gold may continue in the coming years, especially in Asian markets. Stable growth in gold demand from consumers in China and India, especially during festive and wedding seasons, will further support its price through physical purchases. Additionally, with investor concerns about long-term inflation, the role of gold as a hedge tool may be reassessed and emphasized. Ryan Anderson also points out that technical analysis shows that a pullback in gold prices after rapid gains is a common market adjustment behavior. This price adjustment provides potential investors with entry opportunities. Therefore, for those seeking medium to long-term investments, the current price level may be an attractive entry point. In conclusion, although the gold market has recently experienced significant declines, this volatility reflects more of a reaction to immediate news rather than a change in long-term value. According to the analysis of Mr. Anderson, gold remains attractive as a long-term hedge tool. Investors should allocate gold assets reasonably based on their risk preferences and investment objectives.
us