Greggs and Compass

paulm555

Compass Group plc is interesting, had a tough 2nd half 2017. Latest report caused dip and though margins down profits are up and also lost long standing CEO and company architect in new years sea plane accident so still re-organising. 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-compass-group-results/compass-groups-first-half-disappoints-shares-tumble-idUKKBN1IA0P0

Compass Group PLC_20180509_22.10.png

Saw a headline which made me laugh “Greggs shares do a bellyflop I’m cautious outlook”.

The primary reason for the fall seems to be more the OUTLOOK rather than the previous quarter. Sales were in fact up in thesefirst 18 months by almost 5% as were like for like. Granted not as much as the previous year but still not bad... doesn’t suggest a 15 pull back atthis stage if you ask me. 41 store opens vs 12 close as well seems fine.

The question for me lies in was this overvalued previously? If not, then this pull back is an opportunity to bid bid bid.

The primary issue I have is “will Greggs still grow when the whole of the world seems to be on a health binge at the moment?” I’m not so sure and I feel there is a better investment opportunity in other avenues.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    K_Invest
    Joined 22/09/21 05:55
    • For more up to date news on how markets will open, the latest earnings and economic news, watch IGTV live in the platform at 07:30am UK. Today’s coverage:   Volatility down for a second day Indices: Europe expected up for 2nd day even as INDU & SPX lost ground Tuesday. Asia mostly higher despite positive Evergrande bond news BUT still facing possible default FX: Big event today the Fed rate decision at 7pm watching USD. BoJ rate announcement no change to expectations USDJPY tests 190.11 support Equities: Earnings today PZC. Last night FDX & ADBE both fell after numbers. NFLX said to be nearing deal to acquire Roald Dhal catalogue Commods: Mostly up after recent losses – awaiting USD direction from Fed announcement   https://community.ig.com/igtv/
    • Here's a quick update on the MIDD FTSE250 ETF trade I mentioned a few weeks back on page 5 of this thread - all the trade info is back there for trade entry details etc This one exited the other week for a 12R profit unleveraged on the original initial trade from the low You could have bought the breakout too!!!!!!! Its now come back to form option B shown on the original chart - Option C is STILL a possibility, but its showing signs of option B at the 50% Gann level AND at the old tops which often provide support Charts bullish still - Target here is previous swing high unless stopped out on trailing stop - stop is 10 pts which is 50% of the 20 period ATR +1 pt for good luck