Rejected: Controlled Risk stop must be placed in increments

Guest j3r

Question

I was trying to place an limit order and got this message.

image.png.e98e083604440ddcce1ad68c5cadc1f7.png

Can someone explain to me what it means?

I am also on how to stop is calculated. It is stated at 5.5G, which ended up with SD$55000 that caused the control risk stop of $SGD12000.

What does the G mean?

What does it related to the stop distance of 5%? It appears that 5.5 is the minimum.

image.png.3e2b60496de94382a30becde53272ab2.pngimage.thumb.png.dc9b050d617961431131dcbdbbf7141a.png

How does it work if i want to buy 10000 of shares at buy price of 1.11? 

Do i have to use multiple limit orders?

Where can i find more information on maximum risk control of a particular stock?

Thanks in advanced!

j3r

6 answers to this question

Guest PandaFace

You can have your first size of S$12,000 5% away and then each additional side over this needs to be a further 2 points away. So if you had say 15k, you can have 12k 5% away and then the remainder 3k 5%+2 points. 

You prob need to post separate LO cos you need different stop levels.

Thanks PandaFace.

Can you elaborate more on the addition side with an example?

So it means i need to have two limit order?

You prob need to post separate LO cos you need different stop levels.

Noted.

Thanks for the link. I have gone through the materials before i posted. 

Pardon me. I'm still confused about the guaranteed stop.

If i buy 10000 shares at SGD$1.11, it will cost SGD$11100.

How was the SGD$55000 calculated?

On 9/1/2018 at 10:35 PM, j3r said:

Thanks for the link. I have gone through the materials before i posted. 

Pardon me. I'm still confused about the guaranteed stop.

If i buy 10000 shares at SGD$1.11, it will cost SGD$11100.

How was the SGD$55000 calculated?

You can work our your margin requirements manually using the the larger figure of the two calculations below:

1. Value per point x stop distance (in points) + guaranteed stop premium
  2. Number of shares x share price x margin percentage (%)

2018-09-03 10_33_02-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.pngYou can work out the above using the data which you have on the deal ticket information section (as well as being automatically calculated on the deal ticket itself). I assume givien the above you'd be looking at a margin factor of 50% or so?

On 9/3/2018 at 5:35 PM, JamesIG said:

You can work our your margin requirements manually using the the larger figure of the two calculations below:

1. Value per point x stop distance (in points) + guaranteed stop premium
  2. Number of shares x share price x margin percentage (%)

2018-09-03 10_33_02-IG Trading Platform _ Spread Betting.pngYou can work out the above using the data which you have on the deal ticket information section (as well as being automatically calculated on the deal ticket itself). I assume givien the above you'd be looking at a margin factor of 50% or so?

Thanks James. I'm still looking at how the controlled risk is calculated. For example the following:

image.png.a2586cff9ec5ec6edcdfe6d0afbbea1b.png

It does not allow me to go above controlled risk of $SGD12k.

Correct me if i'm wrong, i believe i can't exceed the notional value of SGD$12k

image.png.048293335a710881c6886d7975635c42.png

Archived