Shaded Area of Trade

Opened first trade 5 minutes ago and after making the trade there was a shaded area below the entry price line. Does is shaded area represent the spread? 

Hi @CFDFutures, the spread doesn't usually show up like that but I'm not sure which platform or account type you are using?

The spread is just calculated on entry and exit so when you buy to enter you buy at a higher price than the mid so immediately the position shows a small loss, if you sell to enter you sell at less than the mid so again the position shows a small loss, the spread is basically your entry and exit fee.

Hi @cfdfutures, I've found that the newer, standard IG spread betting platform does this when you move your stop.  It greys the zone that is too close to the current price for your stop to be able to go.  Leastways it does on my computer running either Firefox or Chrome.

The depth of the zone depends on the market you're in and (anticipated?) volatility I think.  Often near economic announcements you're not allowed to set it as close. e.g. on GBP/USD out to 12 points rather than the usual 6.

Edited by Pieman
@ user didn't come out right. first time I've tried to do it so probably did it wrong!
  • Thanks 2
  • Great! 1