Altering stop loss after market is closed

Guest yogitree

Question

Guest yogitree

How can i change the stop loss after the market is closed?

The other evening i wanted to change the existing stop loss value on Barratt's in my ISA account. However i got the error message saying "the exchange is currently unavailable". 

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately you are unable to change an order when the market is closed, for the simple fact that the underlying exchange is closed and isn't accepting orders (for example the LSE or NYSE). In some instances you can call us during the auction period to amend orders, however this will depend on the exchange itself. Let me know what specifically you are trading and I'll be able to give further information. 

hi @yogitree - in this instance the only time you're going to be able to cancel your order is ten minutes before the market opens. In other words from 7.50am until 8am (when the market opens) . You can also do this in the post market up to 5pm.

You can of course do it in the main session, however any time outside of this or the times quoted above wouldn't be possible. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((5)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave ((4) may is complete and the Price entry to uptrend again Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy: The correction in wave ((4)) appears to be over. And the price is increasing again in waves ((5)), so the overall picture is looking for an opportunity to open a long position. with a target price at the level 5.185 - 6.263 Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an Uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD) THETAUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((5)) Direction Next higher Degrees: wave I of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: Details: Wave ((4) may is complete and the Price entry to uptrend again Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Trading Strategy: The correction in wave ((4)) appears to be over. And the price is increasing again in waves ((5)), so the overall picture is looking for an opportunity to open a long position. with a target price at the level 5.185 - 6.263 Theta Token/ U.S. dollar(THETAUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating an uptrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bullish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!    
    • Commodity Market Elliott Wave Analysis for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Crypto Index, TLT Bonds, US 10 Yr. Yields, USD/ DXY, Gold, Silver, Copper, Uranium, Crude Oil, Natural Gas, XLE ETF, XME ETF. Elliott Wave Analysis Update for Commodity Markets: Current Analysis Remains Unchanged In the latest Elliott Wave analysis of the commodity markets, there is no alteration in the wave counts. Bitcoin is reinforcing its position with Wave (4) appearing to be established, contrasting with Ethereum which shows less clarity. The U.S. Dollar and 10-year yields are expected to continue their upward trajectory.  Gold, silver, and uranium are nearing the completion of their Wave 4, suggesting that opportunities for long trades may arise soon. Natural gas is currently in the e) wave of a Wave 4 triangle formation. Crude oil, maintaining a price above $80.00, remains in a bullish stance, as do ExxonMobil (XOM), alongside sector indices XLE (energy) and XME (metals and mining). Video Chapters 00:00 Bitcoin (BTC) ETH/USD / Crypto Index 09:49 US Dollar Index, DXY / TLT Bonds. US Gov Bonds 10 Yr Yields 17:48 Precious Metals: Spot Gold XAU /GDX ETF / US Spot Silver XAG  28:49 Base Metals:Lithium, Uranium URA ETF / Copper / ETF XME 35:36 Energy: Crude Oil WTI OIL / Natural Gas NG / ETF XLE 41:08 End Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge.com 6 Analysts covering 150+ markets  
    • Hello Goldenbrown, Thank you for your interesting comments. I will answer them tomorrow, when I have some spare time. Best regards.
us