CRM Premium/margins

Rtmc

Question

Hi,

With regard to the shedding of limited risk accounts....

1.  Will  one still be charged the CRM Premium (=Controlled Risk Management premium) if a manually placed stop loss level is triggered (as was previously the case)?

2.  Have/will the margin requirements be changing in light of)wrt  the discontinued CRM accounts?

2 answers to this question

Hi @Rtmc,  on the limited risk accounts all stops were guaranteed stops that carried a premium and were to prevent the account going negative, but the new negative equity protection element in the new regulations removed the reason for having limited risk accounts. There is no premium on a normal stop but you can still elect to use a guaranteed stop and pay the premium.

The margin requirements changed at the time the new regulations were introduced and are worked out for you on the deal or order ticket. 

On 27/10/2018 at 10:41, Caseynotes said:

Hi @Rtmc,  on the limited risk accounts all stops were guaranteed stops that carried a premium and were to prevent the account going negative, but the new negative equity protection element in the new regulations removed the reason for having limited risk accounts. There is no premium on a normal stop but you can still elect to use a guaranteed stop and pay the premium.

The margin requirements changed at the time the new regulations were introduced and are worked out for you on the deal or order ticket. 

Hi Caseynotes,

Thanks for the prompt and very clear answer. Much appreciated!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• You're right, this whole GameFi thing is getting wild. Seeing MAVIA blow up like that makes me wanna find the next big winner, and PIXEL sounds kinda cool. It's on the same blockchain as Axie, which is a good start, and I like the whole farming/exploring vibe. Plus, having Opensea backing it is huge. Easy to get caught up wanting the next MAVIA, but gotta see what makes PIXEL its own thing, right? Definitely gonna dig deeper – need to figure out what those tokens actually do and how the game makes money. GameFi can be super risky, so gotta be smart, not just jump in when it's hyped. PIXEL might be worth it, but I'm gonna do my homework first.
    • starknet seems like an exciting innovation and i hope to put it to use soon!
    • In an attempt to curb one of the integral parts of the blockchain trilemma, L2 frameworks have sprung up as one of the most effective ways of bringing forth scalability and a higher transaction throughput.  Gleaning from the above, numerous attempts have been made. Thus, scaling technologies like Starknet have evolved to boost a faster transaction throughput on the Ethereum network.  Simply put, starknet is a zero knowledge rollup built on the Ethereum network with the inherent capacity to be highly scalable without jeopardizing the security of Ethereum which is the base network.  These ZK rollups operate primarily by bundling transactions into batches to be executed off chain. This reduces the amount of data to be sent to the main chain or base network thus enhancing faster transactions and less gas costs.  The core intent of Starknet lies in its intent to revolutionize scalability without jeopardizing security.  Sometime last year, the projects team announced a 50 million airdrop to its faithfuls, it is glad to see that it has come to fruition.  Consequently, Its native token is called $STRK, upon its launch it received immense traction, the recent inclination shown by top exchange platforms like Bitget and all to list it shows how much of good traction it has garnered.  Being a native token of the Starknet ecosystem, earning it could be by staking and paying of network fees.   Conclusively and taking a cue from Starknet, L2s are a wonderful innovation to grace the crypto landscape and I look forward to its continued growth. 
us