MT 4 For Mac

Question

4 answers to this question

Guest TimP

Hi 

Welcome to the IG community! The MT4 installer is not designed for use on a Mac. With that said there are other ways of getting MT4 on a Mac, such as installing a Windows emulator, however we would not be able to directly recommend that as it would be giving advice on a 3rd party platform being installed with a 3rd party tool. 

An article written by the developers of MT4 does highlight a solution using a the method outlined and they too do note that this method may be unstable and some functions of the MT4 terminal may not work. 

http://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/userguide/install_mac

I do hope this helps and I will speak with the team that manage our MT4 offering about looking into a Mac friendly installer for our MT4. 

Hope that helps!

Guest steadyeddie

Why do IG support a Mac App on the iphone? Anyway I am going to try with Parallels and See what happens. Apple are a fantastic product and successful, They should be supported. The new Macs should be powerful enough to run them

Hi all - MT4 is a third party software not owned or run by IG. The limitation doesn't come on IG's side, but rather from the third party provider. They do not support Mac OS yet, but they do offer a mobile iOS offering for iPad and iPhone. As soon as MetaQuotes Software Corp (the company which owns MT4) offers the Mac option, we will look into offering it. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 8.498 Details: the corrective of Wave (II) is equal to 61.8% of Wave (I) at 8.702 Log scale chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 5 Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave ((C)) of Zigzag Wave Cancel invalid Level: 81.238 Details: The Five-Wave Decline of Wave ((C)) trend to test 11.582 Level ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!      
    • Okay, I'll grab the ultimate sloth at a lower price😑😑
us