Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  

MT4 Sunday Candle

Question

Hi,

Is there any way to turn off the weekend data in MT4 like you can in PRT? The Sunday candle is giving me fake moving averages on the daily chart.

 

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

 

11 minutes ago, Pike said:

Hi,

Is there any way to turn off the weekend data in MT4 like you can in PRT? The Sunday candle is giving me fake moving averages on the daily chart.

 

Regards.

Hi @Pike,  not that I'm aware of, the time stamp is set by the broker and very few platforms allow you to change that, PRT being one. The only other alternative is a USD account with a US broker who will use US eastern time which will display 5 daily candles for the week.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
27 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

 

Hi @Pike,  not that I'm aware of, the time stamp is set by the broker and very few platforms allow you to change that, PRT being one. The only other alternative is a USD account with a US broker who will use US eastern time which will display 5 daily candles for the week.

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to realise trading Forex on IG sucks. And I can't set orders within 20 pips of market price (on MT4 at least).

Edited by Pike

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

There aren't any broker platforms world wide that I know of that allow changes to the time stamp, only third party platforms such as PRT or Trading View but they aren't brokers so need to be connected to a broker.

Back in the day during periods if abnormal volatility you would just keep getting requotes and rejections but if you kept tapping away seconds or minutes later things would return to normal so some might say the added info of where an order would be accepted is a kind of progress.

It's unfortunate that demo accounts can't behave as live accounts so you can't really trial different brokers until you have opened a live account but you will find they all make adjustment during abnormal volatility.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@Pike,  just wondering what type of orders you are having problems with, I don't get many rejections these days on Dax unless price is going crazy but haven't traded FX for a long time. Just swapped over to demo and had a market order accepted on eurusd no problem, is it really so different for live?

image.thumb.png.55c64966211baff0f35e431d0d2b15fe.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

@Pike,  just wondering what type of orders you are having problems with, I don't get many rejections these days on Dax unless price is going crazy but haven't traded FX for a long time. Just swapped over to demo and had a market order accepted on eurusd no problem, is it really so different for live?

image.thumb.png.55c64966211baff0f35e431d0d2b15fe.png

Hi, I'm trying to set pending orders on MT4 close to market price, <20 pips close, and it's not allowing me. I'm chatting with someone now from IG to see if that is a rule.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Ok, let us know how you got on.

Yes, this is the case with Forex on MT4. When opening an new pending order, this amount is displayed in text below. Didn't see it before. Sucks to be me. It's 40/50 points for the majors, more on the crosses. I nearly always enter with limit orders so that is a big negative.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 15.38.27.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 hours ago, Pike said:

Yes, this is the case with Forex on MT4. When opening an new pending order, this amount is displayed in text below. Didn't see it before. Sucks to be me. It's 40/50 points for the majors, more on the crosses. I nearly always enter with limit orders so that is a big negative.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 15.38.27.png

Yes, that's very excessive compared to the IG web based platform, hopefully someone from IG will look to address the discrepancy.

Edited by Caseynotes

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Topics
      7,438
    • Total Posts
      37,858
    • Total Members
      47,842
    Newest Member
    besilviu
    Joined 20/09/19 22:04
  • Posts

    • Hi guys, I am wondering if you can help me calm my blood pressure. Just started learning how to trade and left a long position open by mistake today and did not manage to close - GBP/CAD. Is there any way to close it or minimise the risk of losing money. My account is not big at all but I am most worried about losing more and/or going on a negative balance.   Any suggestions?   Best regards!
    • @dmedin, I totally agree.  I want to see the so called experts on IG Community that know it all and have lots of knowledge, intelligence, wisdom and cannot be wrong 'people'  to prove this. They will not as they do not really want to help anyone on IG Community as they are selfish apart from sharing their posts, sharing links, sharing technical and complex information and everything BUT what people on IG Community are looking for. They then get defensive, abusive, rude and really turn the screw so that their real character comes out.  I am a bad trader. I have no knowledge. I have no experience. There you go. I am sure this will satisfy some on the IG Community. So those who do have knowledge, do have experience and think they are superior I would love them to response to @dmedin and demonstrate that they are profitable traders who consistently make profits year upon year and pay a lot of tax to their tax authorities as they obviously do not use the tax efficient advantage of spread betting. 
    • I would love to see anyone prove they were consistently profitable from trading over 12 months.  Such evidence is hard to come by. 
×
×