MT4 Sunday Candle

Pike

Question

8 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Pike said:

Hi,

Is there any way to turn off the weekend data in MT4 like you can in PRT? The Sunday candle is giving me fake moving averages on the daily chart.

Regards.

Hi @Pike,  not that I'm aware of, the time stamp is set by the broker and very few platforms allow you to change that, PRT being one. The only other alternative is a USD account with a US broker who will use US eastern time which will display 5 daily candles for the week.

27 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi @Pike,  not that I'm aware of, the time stamp is set by the broker and very few platforms allow you to change that, PRT being one. The only other alternative is a USD account with a US broker who will use US eastern time which will display 5 daily candles for the week.

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to realise trading Forex on IG sucks. And I can't set orders within 20 pips of market price (on MT4 at least).

There aren't any broker platforms world wide that I know of that allow changes to the time stamp, only third party platforms such as PRT or Trading View but they aren't brokers so need to be connected to a broker.

Back in the day during periods if abnormal volatility you would just keep getting requotes and rejections but if you kept tapping away seconds or minutes later things would return to normal so some might say the added info of where an order would be accepted is a kind of progress.

It's unfortunate that demo accounts can't behave as live accounts so you can't really trial different brokers until you have opened a live account but you will find they all make adjustment during abnormal volatility.

3 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

@Pike,  just wondering what type of orders you are having problems with, I don't get many rejections these days on Dax unless price is going crazy but haven't traded FX for a long time. Just swapped over to demo and had a market order accepted on eurusd no problem, is it really so different for live?

image.thumb.png.55c64966211baff0f35e431d0d2b15fe.png

Hi, I'm trying to set pending orders on MT4 close to market price, <20 pips close, and it's not allowing me. I'm chatting with someone now from IG to see if that is a rule.

3 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Ok, let us know how you got on.

Yes, this is the case with Forex on MT4. When opening an new pending order, this amount is displayed in text below. Didn't see it before. Sucks to be me. It's 40/50 points for the majors, more on the crosses. I nearly always enter with limit orders so that is a big negative.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 15.38.27.png

5 hours ago, Pike said:

Yes, this is the case with Forex on MT4. When opening an new pending order, this amount is displayed in text below. Didn't see it before. Sucks to be me. It's 40/50 points for the majors, more on the crosses. I nearly always enter with limit orders so that is a big negative.

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 15.38.27.png

Yes, that's very excessive compared to the IG web based platform, hopefully someone from IG will look to address the discrepancy.

Archived