Christmas Day - can this be removed from the charts?

Caspa

Question

My charts are showing Christmas Day which has no data and is making charting useless as the data is shifted by one day and trendlines won't make sense. Is there a way of removing Christmas Day from the charts (4hr and lower timeframes)? Or does IG have to do this for all charts? Surprised this was not taken care of...

Christmas non-data.PNG

7 answers to this question

Thanks James. But that means that charting and even technical indicators are useless with IG charts when there is a day when the markets are closed. Everyone else excludes such time periods when there is no data. Why include them? Doesn't make sense at all. 

4 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Thanks James. But that means that charting and even technical indicators are useless with IG charts when there is a day when the markets are closed. Everyone else excludes such time periods when there is no data. Why include them? Doesn't make sense at all. 

just turned on the EMA to a chart and the lines flat lined between the close and open. Doesn't this mean that it had no effect? If the closed period was effecting indicators then it wouldn't be perfectly horizontal.

Am I right in my thinking?