Christmas Day - can this be removed from the charts?

Question

My charts are showing Christmas Day which has no data and is making charting useless as the data is shifted by one day and trendlines won't make sense. Is there a way of removing Christmas Day from the charts (4hr and lower timeframes)? Or does IG have to do this for all charts? Surprised this was not taken care of...

Christmas non-data.PNG

7 answers to this question

Tough one - gotta **** out those days when markets were closed and therefore change the X axis.

they do at weekends tho so I assume it is actually possible! 

Thanks - over to you IG - please remove 25th Dec from the charts otherwise it makes charting useless. 

After speaking to our tech team unfortunately we can't remove those days during which the markets were closed. 

Thanks James. But that means that charting and even technical indicators are useless with IG charts when there is a day when the markets are closed. Everyone else excludes such time periods when there is no data. Why include them? Doesn't make sense at all. 

4 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Thanks James. But that means that charting and even technical indicators are useless with IG charts when there is a day when the markets are closed. Everyone else excludes such time periods when there is no data. Why include them? Doesn't make sense at all. 

just turned on the EMA to a chart and the lines flat lined between the close and open. Doesn't this mean that it had no effect? If the closed period was effecting indicators then it wouldn't be perfectly horizontal.

Am I right in my thinking?

For intraday charts eg 4hr, if you draw trendlines you'll see that it doesn't work. Yesterday's data for example lies outside the down trendline when it shouldn't. Leads to wrong conclusions.

• Like 1