connecting to metatrader 5

Guest khaled

• 1 month later...
Guest Thomas
On 12/03/2019 at 11:10, RichB-Trader said:

Is meta trader 5 roadmapped to be supported by IG? Would be great is you could as meta trader 5 allows for browser access rather than software so I can get it on my Mac. Thanks.

Also interested to know if there are plans in favor of MT5 on IG's side

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Guest Visitor said:

Metatrader 5 is a must have for me.

As long as IG don't support MT5 i will not change my Trading Provider.

So is there any timeline for MT5?

Thanks for your post. 

It is an area we are actively looking. We aim to deliver a high quality offering and so will be dedicating time into researching best practice for MT5. If all goes well we could see something later this year but with the amount of moving parts to this it may be too early to say.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Justin

MT4 has all kinds of bugs, with historical data and testing, so MT5 is a must.  This time, please do not brand MT5 with IG. I hate it when business do this! Just give us grown-ups instructions on how to hook up our favourite products.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jason

I've created an account type forex-sgd for IG-DEMO on metatrader, everything works well on the desktop version but when I logged in to my phone, i can't trade (trade option missing). I have already add symbol C-Forex-SG as instructed but the trade option still did not appear. Appreciate an advice. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/03/2020 at 13:45, Guest Justin said:

MT4 has all kinds of bugs, with historical data and testing, so MT5 is a must.  This time, please do not brand MT5 with IG. I hate it when business do this! Just give us grown-ups instructions on how to hook up our favourite products.  Thanks.

I agree.

I'd like to use mt5 on Mac and Linux

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Hero

When is IG going to start offering MT5 on its platform? IG must consider this very seriously  because clients are switching to MT5 now from MT4. I even know clients who are leaving or reducing their trading activities with IG because the company doesn’t offer MT5. IG has to quickly embrace  and adapt to new technological changes if the company want to exist in trading in the long run

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikeM

Yeah MT5 is super important for me. MT4 is so slow backtesting and placing trades. What is the status of IG supporting MT5 in 2021?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2021 at 17:28, Kam303 said:

@CharlotteIG Do you have an approximate date for MT5 now? Thank you in advance. 

Unfortunately not. I've spoken to the team dealing with this and as soon as I have an update I will let you know. 

All the best