Sign in to follow this  

US500 JUN19

Question

Guest Matt

Hi all.

My Question.

If I'm holding on to a US500 JUN19 futures contract, does it automatically rollover to the SEPT contract or does it automatically close? This is if I just leave it.

Thanks in advance

Matt

2 answers to this question

This will depend on your personal settings. Please check out My IG > Settings > Rollovers and make the appropriate choice based on your preferences. 

image.png

@JamesIG

On 17/06/2019 at 10:22, JamesIG said:

This will depend on your personal settings. Please check out My IG > Settings > Rollovers and make the appropriate choice based on your preferences. 

image.png

James - How does one do a one time rollover of a forward, i.e. outside of settings? Phone up, Or does one have to switch on and off the settings at the appropriate time?

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Ali-Adiby
    Joined 21/09/20 19:17
    • Dax and Dow daily chart levels;
    • long NDX in the demo account (posting this here to give it some more emotional commitment...), stop 10625.   some NDX rebound would have been due today without the leak, I guess...  not least due to futures stabilizing after Friday cash close, and strength of recent oscillation pattern...   market being surprised that banks profit from money laundering, sure... probably more surprised they got caught again... if anything...   (plus no banks in NDX)   alternative narrative - for everyone bored by China virus conspiracy theories...: facts:  - lenders (incl. JPM) tightened standards during crisis - see e.g. WSJ May 25th  - mainstream lending facility still has only used 0.3% of capacity (recent Powell statement)  - leak of money laundering records came from FinCEN, a US Treasury unit conspiracy theory: Treasury unhappy with banks' lending reluctance plans to take banks under control - explicitly or implicitly - to boost lending activity. more advanced conspiracy theory: Treasury plans to take banks under control to boost lending activity - to an extent that eventually makes MMT/MP3  seem unnecessary, at which point banks get privatized again...  motivator are of course the banks themselves who profit massively from Fed asset purchases, and are scared of losing said profits if the Fed would start lending to Treasury directly under MMT-motivated MP3...   let me know what you think ...   this is not investment advice..        
    • stop hit - now much lower, no signal..