Share Dealing Charts "Last Traded Volume"

The_Alnchemist

Question

Hello. I'm using the desktop based share dealing account. When I display a chart for any given stock, with the time interval set to Daily, and add Volume from the Technical tab, I get the typical volume bar chart at the bottom. When I use the pointer to hover over one of the bars I get the volume information displayed as "Last Traded Volume" with the volume figure.

But the volume figures provided seem very low compared to daily volume information for the same stock from other sources e.g. Investing.com. 

So is the "Last Traded Volume" exactly what it says i.e the volume of the last trade on that particular day? If so how do I get the total volume for the day and not just the last trade?

Many thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, The_Alnchemist said:

Hello @Caseynotes. Thanks for this reply. I'll refer to the post you quoted and continue there as I have some similar volume discrepancies.

@The_Alnchemist,  on another thread somewhere I also saw an IG reply that was saying that due to the mixed sources of data they used to collate volume that the final data point may be delayed and I've noticed this before, you may find the final volume profile has changed on Monday. Just checked the spread bet chart for Kier Group, see below.

1363573983_KierGroupPLC_20190616_20_36.thumb.png.b48ae629460a64116a9e3699a123548c.png

Thanks for your help @Caseynotes. The volume for the 14-Jun on the IG platform did indeed go up this morning but there's still a mismatch in the volume profile for the two highest bars either end of the last 2 weeks. The volume figures provided on the IG platform and Investing.com (left & middle window) are quite different with those provided by IG much lower. Although not exactly the same the volume figures provided by Investing.com and londonstockexchange.com (Middle and right windows) are quite similar.

I'm not sure what the volume figures provided by IG are or where they come from.

Capture.thumb.PNG.75f188d02aeb6c1bdb9c690237b33a8f.PNG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• AMZN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge Daily Chart, 19 March 24 Amazon.com Inc., (AMZN) Daily Chart AMZN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Intermediate wave (5). DIRECTION: Wave 1 of (5).   DETAILS: As we are approaching ATH we are considering the move from the 80$ bottom to be part of wave (5). In the most bearish of scenarios you could argue this is not wave 1 of (5), but wave (5).         AMZN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge 4Hr Chart, 19 March 24 Amazon.com Inc., (AMZN) 4Hr Chart AMZN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis FUNCTION: Trend MODE: Impulsive STRUCTURE: Motive POSITION: Minor wave 1.   DIRECTION: Minute wave {v} of 1.   DETAILS: Looking for continuation lower into wave (iv) as we seem to be needing further downside. Looking for support around 38.2% fib retracement to then target TL2 at 200$.   Welcome to our AMZN Elliott Wave Analysis Trading Lounge, where we provide comprehensive insights into Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) using Elliott Wave Technical Analysis. Let's delve into the market dynamics as of the Daily Chart on 19th March 24.   * AMZN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – Daily Chart* Our analysis reveals a trending function characterized by impulsive mode and motive structure, positioned in Intermediate wave (5). The direction indicates Wave 1 of (5) as we near the all-time high (ATH). While some argue this could be wave (5) in the most bearish scenarios, we consider it as part of wave (5) from the $80 bottom. * AMZN Elliott Wave Technical Analysis – 4Hr Chart* Here, we also identify a trending function marked by impulsive mode and motive structure, positioned in Minor wave 1. The direction suggests Minute wave {v} of 1. We anticipate a continuation lower into wave (iv), indicating a need for further downside. Our analysis targets support around the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level, with TL2 at $200 as the next target.  
    • Greetings fellow traders, As someone deeply involved in the forex market, I understand the importance of staying informed about the controversies surrounding our industry. In recent times, there has been much discussion and debate regarding various aspects of forex trading. Today, I aim to shed some light on these controversies to help you navigate the forex landscape more confidently. One of the primary controversies revolves around the transparency of forex brokers. It's crucial to choose a reputable broker with a track record of integrity and reliability. Look for brokers regulated by respected authorities such as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) or the National Futures Association (NFA) to ensure your funds are protected and your trades are executed fairly. Another contentious issue is the use of leverage in forex trading. While leverage can amplify profits, it also increases the risk of significant losses. As experienced traders, it's essential to use leverage judiciously and always implement risk management strategies to protect your capital. Furthermore, there has been debate regarding the effectiveness of certain trading strategies and systems. While some advocate for complex algorithms and technical indicators, others believe in the simplicity of price action analysis. The key is to find a strategy that aligns with your trading style, risk tolerance, and financial goals. Regulatory changes and geopolitical events also contribute to the forex controversy. It's essential to stay abreast of regulatory updates and global developments that could impact currency markets. This requires diligence and a willingness to adapt to changing market conditions. While the forex market offers tremendous opportunities for profit, it's not without its controversies. By educating ourselves, exercising caution, and staying informed, we can navigate these challenges and thrive in the dynamic world of forex trading. I welcome your thoughts and insights on this topic. Feel free to leave a comment below sharing your thoughts on the forex controversies or any strategies you've found effective in navigating them! Let's keep the conversation going. Happy trading!
    • Dear @espiral, Thank you for your request, unfortunately, we cannot offer this stock for leveraged accounts due to higher broker margins. The stock is only available for share dealing. Thanks, KoketsoIG
us