Jump to content
  • 0

Problem, I am using same EA but results are very different ifrom old broker?do I adjust?


Guest searl75

Question

Guest searl75
Hi IG,
 
I am your new customer just trying to get things set up with your MT4 systems but I am having problems.
 
I and my developer have spent countless hours/days trying to transfer my EAs from old broker to your IG MT4.
 
Can you please explain the rules I need to program into my EAs to get the results I used to get, your measuring or system or something is different? 
When I program 1% risk on a 10k account it used to work ok losing 100£ on first loss, but with you I am losing only £13. Obviously the losses also affect the profits and need to make sense but this doesnt make any sense to me, please call me  (as I am overseas at the moment) or email reply to explain so I can resolve urgently? 
 
Below is the result from my old broker with same EA and exact same settings and your IG MT4 demo account... but giving very different results? (I understand the brokers data varies slightly but not 1000% as are my results differing)
 
Please advise, I assume this is a common issue?

IG results same EA.PNG

Old broker normal results same EA.PNG

Link to comment

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
3 hours ago, searl75 said:
Below is the result from my old broker with same EA and exact same settings and your IG MT4 demo account... but giving very different results? (I understand the brokers data varies slightly but not 1000% as are my results differing)
 
Please advise, I assume this is a common issue?

Hi, you are correct, the IG demo account only shifts the resulting calculation 4 decimal places instead of 5 but when you switch to a live account it will shift 5 decimal places as does your other broker. I'm not sure why they do this.

From your posted trade history;

IG/

1.13538 - 1.13210 = 0.00328 x 0.4 = 0.0013120, shifted 4 decimal places = £13.12     

(shifted 5 decimal places = £131.20)

Other Broker/

1.13583 - 1.13215 = 0.00368 x 0.28 = 0.0010304, shifted 5 decimal places = £103.04 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
Guest searl75
16 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, you are correct, the IG demo account only shifts the resulting calculation 4 decimal places instead of 5 but when you switch to a live account it will shift 5 decimal places as does your other broker. I'm not sure why they do this.

From your posted trade history;

IG/

1.13538 - 1.13210 = 0.00328 x 0.4 = 0.0013120, shifted 4 decimal places = £13.12     

(shifted 5 decimal places = £131.20)

Other Broker/

1.13583 - 1.13215 = 0.00368 x 0.28 = 0.0010304, shifted 5 decimal places = £103.04 

 

Thank you so much for making some sense of it, but why on earth would they (IG) have their systems (Demo vs Live) inconsistant, so no one can back test accuratley?

Link to comment
  • 0
Guest searl75
19 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, you are correct, the IG demo account only shifts the resulting calculation 4 decimal places instead of 5 but when you switch to a live account it will shift 5 decimal places as does your other broker. I'm not sure why they do this.

From your posted trade history;

IG/

1.13538 - 1.13210 = 0.00328 x 0.4 = 0.0013120, shifted 4 decimal places = £13.12     

(shifted 5 decimal places = £131.20)

Other Broker/

1.13583 - 1.13215 = 0.00368 x 0.28 = 0.0010304, shifted 5 decimal places = £103.04 

 

If IG demo account measures differently to IG live account then which Companies demo account can I use to closely replicate IG live?

Many thanks, this is extremely frustrating!

Link to comment
  • 0
3 minutes ago, searl75 said:

If IG demo account measures differently to IG live account then which Companies demo account can I use to closely replicate IG live?

Many thanks, this is extremely frustrating!

To replicate the live it's a case of shifting the position size by one decimal place on demo, so for your example on the IG demo trade it would be;

                       0.00328 x 4.0 = 0.013120, shifted 4 decimal places = £131.20

instead of;    0.00328 x 0.4 = 0.0013120, shifted 4 decimal places = £13.12

       

 

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...