Are we in a commodity super cycle (and heading down)?

trade247

Interesting analysis @cryptotrader but not quite sure what to make of it.  The individual commodity patterns are not moving together, sometime Oil peaks around the aggregate top and sometimes it is something else.  I am not convinced that all commodities move alike, I think agri and livestock has very different drivers to base metals and Oil.  Also looks like they have lumped precious metals in with base metals, which is not correct in my opinion as PMs are a separate category (Silver is constantly argued on that, is it a precious metal or a poor industrial metal?  The price charts say PM so that's that for me).

I can't speak for agri and livestock, I only know that things like coffee and rubber are too cheap for farmers to earn sufficient income to keep them in the business.  Others may wish to chip in on the discussion on agri etc, but to me Oil does appear to be bearish, although there is a case for a short bearish phase followed by a strong rally (See chart below).  I have previously shared my bullish stance and analysis on PMs so won't reprice that again here.  Copper is an interesting one.  I am seeing a bearish phase in progress and it could breakout of of long term support into a massive deflationary bear move, which would align with a major deflationary recession.  Alternatively, if the recession (which is in my view a certainty, just a question of when the markets crash in recognition of the fact we are already there) is mostly a financial one (i.e. Central bank policy and Fiat money printing driven) then we may get a flight to safe haven of "real things", in which case it will not just be precious metals that appear precious.  This will be a hoarding mentality that could also drag other necessary commodities like agri up too.

In the end I prefer to look at each market and decide on its intrinsic merits rather than trust to notions of commodities as having a group effect.

Brent-Monthly_080819.thumb.png.6adf75bd219e819b28df9b6f4e6b32d8.pngBrent-Weekly_080819.thumb.png.62ea1e954d2b63c12ae098d38e71baac.pngHG-Monthly_080819.thumb.png.70240f8c7d920d3a8e5df910f5677da9.pngHG-Monthly_080819A.thumb.png.c794fb865bf1152bc67a7c58f4fd3c61.pngHG-Weekly_080819.thumb.png.ac6d1ecd8bbdd29cf0247b3f6f1fa41e.pngHG-Daily_080819.thumb.png.9f2415df896ee7312ee886661e58b359.png

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• It's no secret that attention is the new currency online. But how do we quantify and trade it fairly? This is where Layer3 (L3) steps in, and it seems to have caught the eye of Bitget with its pre-market trading offering. it aims to revolutionize the attention economy by creating a liquid market where users can monetize their focus and advertisers can target specific audiences.   This is a fascinating concept, and it's early traction with over 96 million interactions across various ecosystems is impressive. By facilitating a standardized way to quantify and trade attention, it could bridge the gap between users, creators, and advertisers. With Bitget offering pre-market trading for the token, it's a project worth keeping an eye on. Could L3 be the key to unlocking the true value of attention in the digital age?
    • As someone who's diving deeper into the world of NFTs, Web3, and the metaverse, the Mocaverse project by Animoca Brands caught my attention. It seems like they're building something bigger than just a collection, a whole ecosystem focused on fostering connections and collaboration within the Web3 space.   The $MOCA token functioning as a utility and governance token within this network is a particularly interesting aspect. It feels like it could offer a voice and a stake in the future direction of the project. With a focus on "Growth, Culture, and Governance," the project seems to be building something sustainable and community-driven. While I haven't made a decision yet, the pre-trade option on Bitget is intriguing for those who want to be early movers. It'll be interesting to see how Mocaverse unfolds and how it shapes the future of Web3 and the metaverse.
    • It is often said that active participation pays pretty well in Web3, well I agree totally with this submission.  A lot of opportunities exist where users need to merely participate to win prizes, these events are often open to particular regions. Currently, there's an event tagged "Share 500,000 $NOT By Completing Simple Tasks". Participating in it is relatively easy, for clinch eligibility users have to download the Bitget app and sign up and share from over 300,000 NOT.  Each user can earn as high as 300 NOT. This event is exclusively opened to African Users.  Personally, I recommend jumping on these type of events because of the ease of getting decent amounts of Airdrop with ease.
us