Sign in to follow this  

Spread betting statement emails

Question

Hi all,

Is there any way to opt out of receiving spread betting statements via email? (I've only just started trading with IG, I'm assuming these statements will be sent daily).

I've not found a way to manage these emails in the the 'account settings' and the email states 'These are essential communications' so I'm fearing that receiving these statements via email is mandatory.

Hope someone can help here.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

@RickG,

I get them daily too. I think it is because they are charging daily interest to hold over a position overnight so it is sort of like an invoice.

If anyone knows how or if this can be reduced to say weekly then I would be interested in knowing how.

• Like 1

Do IG customer support team read and respond to this part of the forum? Will I get an answer to my query here? 🤔

Unfortunately daily statements can't be turned off as it's  a legal requirement for us to send them out whenever there is a change to your account. The only thing i can suggest is setting up a rule in your email client to automatically move them to a specific folder if you so wish. 

With that said, its worth keeping an eye on them so you're fully aware of what is happening on your account. 

• Thanks 1