USA Interest rate and SA40

Question

Please can anyone share their technical opinion of the current SA40 and how tomorrow nights USA interest rate announcement can affect it.

2 answers to this question

On 29/10/2019 at 07:49, Ilana said:

Please can anyone share their technical opinion of the current SA40 and how tomorrow nights USA interest rate announcement can affect it.

Hi, the SA40 is somewhat out of sync with the other main indices and although a US rate cut should boost the US indices and therefore have a knockon affect for others it's difficult to know how much of the expected cut has already been priced in as there is 97% expectancy of a 25 bp cut today (2% > 1.75%).

On a confirmed rate cut I would still look for a triangle break to the up side and think to enter after a daily close above the line on next day continuation.

1035411457_SouthAfrica40_20191030_09_51.thumb.png.57b761f81211b90ea57b495b1aa6b260.png

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    Newest Member
    Peakyblind
    Joined 14/12/19 07:53
    • Hi all, been up and running and watching from the side lines. Thanks for putting the list up early as I made my own list from the gap scanner from ideas but you seemed to have more plus alot of the tickers I could not trade on IG but jumped on TG Therapeutics at 973 and took some money from that. Then jumped back in at 1059 and she plummeted and my heart just sank. I managed to ride it back up to 1053 and got out with a small profit of £20. Should have put my stop in but am still learning to get out quick . I was so lucky it went back up. Thought I was going to be on a bad loss because I didn't get out early enough. I find that if you only gain a small amount each day its better that going hard at it and loosing.  Still got loads to learn. Anyway cant wait till monday.  Great content and look forward to next week. Have a great weekend.
    • Is it safe to come out now?