Sign in to follow this  

Demo account logout problem

Question

I have recently started a demo account, but over the last 1-2 days I have been logged out a couple times, seemingly for no reason, just running the web platform normally in a tab.

I have seen a similar post to this in the forums, where it was suggested that there was an inactivity limit. I can't find that in the new web platform, the old one is set to 12 hours, and far less time than that passed between the 'logouts'. I don't have any mobile version at all that could have caused some problem with an attempted additional login.

Is there some inactivity setting for the 'new' web platform that I am not finding? Otherwise this is a quite disturbing glitch, just finding yourself kicked out to the default ig group website when expecting to see your web platform workspace...

2 answers to this question

On 01/11/2019 at 21:45, UN1234 said:

I have recently started a demo account, but over the last 1-2 days I have been logged out a couple times, seemingly for no reason, just running the web platform normally in a tab.

I have seen a similar post to this in the forums, where it was suggested that there was an inactivity limit. I can't find that in the new web platform, the old one is set to 12 hours, and far less time than that passed between the 'logouts'. I don't have any mobile version at all that could have caused some problem with an attempted additional login.

Is there some inactivity setting for the 'new' web platform that I am not finding? Otherwise this is a quite disturbing glitch, just finding yourself kicked out to the default ig group website when expecting to see your web platform workspace...

Hey @UN1234,- thanks for your post. 

The new web trading platform is set to log you out after 12 hours of inactivity. I can see that you mentioned you don't login on any other devices so I'm not sure why it's doing this. 

Which internet browser do you use out of interest? 

Unfortunately, there's no place within then new platform that you can go in and change these settings. 

Guest Tim
On 02/11/2019 at 07:45, UN1234 said: