Sign in to follow this  

Change default settings for Charts

Question

Is it possible to change the default settings for charts?

I usually wake up in different time zones towards the end of trading and have little time to change the settings of each chart I open to how I best analyse it. It takes precious trading moments to make the clicks. Is there a way to change the default settings for how a chart appears when it is first opened?

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, PK128 said:

Is it possible to change the default settings for charts?

I usually wake up in different time zones towards the end of trading and have little time to change the settings of each chart I open to how I best analyse it. It takes precious trading moments to make the clicks. Is there a way to change the default settings for how a chart appears when it is first opened?

Hi, time zones are broker stamped and can't be changed unless you use a third party platform with a change zone function like the IG RealProTime platform.

Your chart layout can be saved to be applied to all charts by right clicking on the chart and selecting Layouts > Save as  (se pic). 

image.png.c5a00f247205d5e6df612af5beb6824a.png

@PK128 / @Caseynotes,

I don't think you even need to resort to the Layouts menu. Every time you change something on the chart, it gets save automatically. If you open a new one, it seems to take in the settings from the previous one (last changed)

2 minutes ago, GavinB said:

@PK128 / @Caseynotes,

I don't think you even need to resort to the Layouts menu. Every time you change something on the chart, it gets save automatically. If you open a new one, it seems to take in the settings from the previous one (last changed)

🙂 yes I think you're right but I wasn't sure I fully understood the question so opted for the double barrel solution. 

• Like 1