ISA - No Silver Miners' ETF Tradeable?

We are probably in the early stages of a new precious metals bull market and there is currently no way to get exposure to silver miners through an ETF within the IG ISA. Would it be possible to add the following ETF's to the available options online?

Global X Silver Miners ETF                        NYSEARCA:SIL

ishares MSCI Global Silver Miners ETF     NYSEARCA:SLVP

PureFunds ISE Junior Silver ETF               NYSEARCA: SILJ

Thank you

I don't know what happened to the tickers in my post above but they are all listed on the New York arca exchange and here they are again SIL, SLVP & SILJ

Let's see how this works out :-)

Hi , thanks for the post!

The reason that the ETFs you have requested are not available on our ISA platform is because they are not actually ISA eligible in the underlying market.  In order for an ETF to be ISA eligible, it must either be directly authorised by the FCA for sale to UK retail investors, or passported into the UK under the EU UCITS (Undertaking for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities) rules.

You might find the following link useful: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/512781/ISA_guidance_notes_April_2016.pdf 

I'm pleased to confirm that all the ETFs are however available through our share dealing platform.

I hope this helps, but do let us know if you have any more ETF/ISA queries!

Thanks,

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.
  • 3 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 8.498 Details: the corrective of Wave (II) is equal to 61.8% of Wave (I) at 8.702 Log scale chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 5 Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave ((C)) of Zigzag Wave Cancel invalid Level: 81.238 Details: The Five-Wave Decline of Wave ((C)) trend to test 11.582 Level ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!      
    • Okay, I'll grab the ultimate sloth at a lower price😑😑
us