EURUSD guaranteed stop

Hi guys, been able to put some guaranteed stops on the EURUSD past few days but realized not able to at the usual levels yesterday, is this due to the massive volatility? 

Usually the increase in margin requirements are triggered near to major news events as I understand.

11 hours ago, FatFoss said:

Hi guys, been able to put some guaranteed stops on the EURUSD past few days but realized not able to at the usual levels yesterday, is this due to the massive volatility? 

Usually the increase in margin requirements are triggered near to major news events as I understand.

yes that's correct, the minimum stop and guaranteed stop positions are directly influenced by current market volatility.

Stop positions may also influence the margin requirement needed to place the trade and spreads may also be influenced by current market volatility.  

• Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 28/03/2020 at 07:53, Caseynotes said:

Only if you have a limited risk account where all stops are guaranteed stops, limited risk accounts are not available in all countries.

sorry i have to disagree here, i think limited risk account guarantees you dont lose more than what your account has, where as guaranteed stop guarantees you dont lose more than the stop loss amount.

to answer the first question before, iv enquired with IG, guaranteed stops are not available on MT4

On 22/04/2020 at 09:07, Guest Erik said:

sorry i have to disagree here, i think limited risk account guarantees you dont lose more than what your account has, where as guaranteed stop guarantees you dont lose more than the stop loss amount.

to answer the first question before, iv enquired with IG, guaranteed stops are not available on MT4

yes, a limited risk account does not allow the account to go negative and all trade entries are automatically given a guaranteed stop so if using mt4 on a limited risk account the stop will automatically be a guaranteed stop but a guaranteed stop is not available on a normal account with mt4.

Limited risk accounts were abandoned in the UK and the EU after the EU regulator gave all retail accounts negative protection in 2018.