Sign in to follow this  

Placing an order

Question

Posted (edited)

Good day

I am trying to place an order (forex) without a stop loss or take profit by clicking on the relevant side of the box in the top left corner of the trading screen.  This allows you to either trade immediately, depending of whether you click on buy or sell.  Why is the order not being placed?  Does this have anything to do with the currency pair I selected?  It The trade/order not appear at the bottom of the screen per usual.

Regards,

Deborah.

(debncar@hotmail.com)

Edited by Deb2

1 answer to this question

8 minutes ago, Deb2 said:

Good day

I am trying to place an order (forex) without a stop loss or take profit by clicking on the relevant side of the box in the top left corner of the trading screen.  This allows you to either trade immediately, depending of whether you click on buy or sell.  Why is the order not being placed?  Does this have anything to do with the currency pair I selected?  It The trade/order not appear at the bottom of the screen per usual.

Regards,

Deborah.

(debncar@hotmail.com)

Hi, 'top left corner' trading panel implies you are using the mt4 platform rather than the IG web based or PRT platforms?

If so make sure you demo or live account has the IG data feed by clicking on File > Open an account and check as per pic below.

image.png.5fd464e575570e19b50fe56e9e52bfba.png