Trading fees

4 minutes ago, Alanb7298 said:

A few of us asking the same thing this morning JGD. A reply would be nice from IG. I've asked the same question in 2 other places this morning. Nothing yet but when I do I'll post to the other forums. 

A useful addition to the post would be to tag IG so they get a notification they have been mentioned in a post, such as @CharlotteIG

• Like 2

I just joined IG and executed a Test Trade (small size) and got charged 10£, so if i close the trade I might get charged another 10£ so the test trade will cost me 20£ in comm. never seen such high trading fees.

Any Idea id the comm rate will go down? I cannot find any document explaining trading comms on the site which is bad or I haven't looked properly? any help would be very appreciated 

Edited by DanMor
On 30/04/2020 at 18:36, jdbrowne said:

I have been trading (at least 20) throughout April at £8 per trade. Am I  correct that as of tomorrow 1st May these fees drop to £3 per trade?

Thanks

On 01/05/2020 at 10:47, JGD1972 said:

Am waiting to hear myself..as usual can't get through to IG..my fees are still showing as Full this morning

On 01/05/2020 at 10:55, Alanb7298 said:

A few of us asking the same thing this morning JGD. A reply would be nice from IG. I've asked the same question in 2 other places this morning. Nothing yet but when I do I'll post to the other forums. 

On 01/05/2020 at 11:41, Nancy20 said:

My fees are still showing in full, even though I had 4 transactions last month. @CharlotteIG

There was an issue that clients who were eligible for the reduced fee were still being charged the full amount. I can confirm that this was an error and clients will be getting refunds. 

On 01/05/2020 at 13:00, DanMor said:

I just joined IG and executed a Test Trade (small size) and got charged 10£, so if i close the trade I might get charged another 10£ so the test trade will cost me 20£ in comm. never seen such high trading fees.

Any Idea id the comm rate will go down? I cannot find any document explaining trading comms on the site which is bad or I haven't looked properly? any help would be very appreciated 

@DanMor thanks for your post. The £10 fee for US shares on the share dealing account are applied when buying as well as selling shares. 

If you make 3 US trades in one calendar month the next calendar month for US shares you will get them commission free. 

https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/share-dealing/costs-fees