Minimum Bet Size Changed Overnight?

Afternoon All,

No doubt missing something obvious here but I was able to trade on the US500 at 0.25 yesterday and this is suddenly £1 overnight. Changes on all other markets too, am I missing a news release detailing the sudden changes or is it something to do with my account equity etc.  Only been on IG a couple of weeks and with the outages and this change its not making a very good impression!

Thanks, 

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyCleaver said:

Afternoon All,

No doubt missing something obvious here but I was able to trade on the US500 at 0.25 yesterday and this is suddenly £1 overnight. Changes on all other markets too, am I missing a news release detailing the sudden changes or is it something to do with my account equity etc.  Only been on IG a couple of weeks and with the outages and this change its not making a very good impression!

Thanks, 

Andy

Thanks for your post. 

When you first join at IG you get reduced rates on our spread betting and CFD accounts. After 2 weeks these revert back to the correct minimum size. 

We do apologise for the issues we had but can confirm it's now been resolved and are looking on ways to avoid this happening in the future. 

All the best 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Andy, I have the same issue this week and I have not received any formal information about it. It doesn't look like things really changed. I chose IG between others because of the possibility to trade these transaction sizes. I can't really trade anything with the initial funds I have invested. Increasing the transaction size is a high risk to blow your account faster.

Edited by Matti

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Yeah! I think I would have to agree with you on this as I have benefited a lot from the event this recent times & I have plans of leveraging the event for a long time.
    • Join the BYDFi Demo Trade Profit Posting and grab your chance to share in a 10,000 USDT prize pool!  Show off your trading skills, post your profits, and let's see who comes out on top! Don't miss out on this chance to win big! 🎉
    • The #meme hype surrounding #Solana may have slowed down with the emergence of the Ton network, but it seems that the enthusiasm for Solana is not fading away entirely. While new networks like Ton are gaining attention, Solana has previously generated significant interest and wealth for investors. However, there are concerns about scammers exploiting the Solana network with various honeypot and rugpull schemes, leading some traders to explore other chains like Base and Ton. Despite the rise of Ton blockchain, a new Solana meme project associated with Pepe the Frog has started to gain traction. One such project, LandWolf, has already amassed over 5,000 active Telegram members and 5,000 Twitter followers, indicating early interest and community engagement. The project aims to unite Pepe fans with the broader crypto community, offering a unique value proposition. LandWolf's ability to secure listings on top-tier exchanges like Bitget showcases the developer's influence and the project's potential. Some enthusiasts have already dubbed $WOLF as the biggest meme coin on Solana, highlighting the ongoing interest and excitement within the Solana ecosystem.
us