Sign in to follow this  

Minimum Bet Size Changed Overnight?

Afternoon All,

No doubt missing something obvious here but I was able to trade on the US500 at 0.25 yesterday and this is suddenly £1 overnight. Changes on all other markets too, am I missing a news release detailing the sudden changes or is it something to do with my account equity etc.  Only been on IG a couple of weeks and with the outages and this change its not making a very good impression!

Thanks, 

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyCleaver said:

Afternoon All,

No doubt missing something obvious here but I was able to trade on the US500 at 0.25 yesterday and this is suddenly £1 overnight. Changes on all other markets too, am I missing a news release detailing the sudden changes or is it something to do with my account equity etc.  Only been on IG a couple of weeks and with the outages and this change its not making a very good impression!

Thanks, 

Andy

Thanks for your post. 

When you first join at IG you get reduced rates on our spread betting and CFD accounts. After 2 weeks these revert back to the correct minimum size. 

We do apologise for the issues we had but can confirm it's now been resolved and are looking on ways to avoid this happening in the future. 

All the best 

The Aussie index is minimum of £1 from midnight and goes to minimum £2 around 6 or 7am I think.  

Posted (edited)

Hi Andy, I have the same issue this week and I have not received any formal information about it. It doesn't look like things really changed. I chose IG between others because of the possibility to trade these transaction sizes. I can't really trade anything with the initial funds I have invested. Increasing the transaction size is a high risk to blow your account faster.

Edited by Matti