Jump to content

Has commission rates changed suddenly ?


Recommended Posts

I am new to IG and I traded for the first time this week. First time ever I have seen a platform totally crashing mid day and on a busy day like Thursday this week !. Even worse the total lack of any communication from the broker about what happened.

On top of that the rates clearly  advertised on the website are  https://www.ig.com/uk/investments/share-dealing/costs-fees

3+ trades for US free, for UK £3

I noticed I was charged £10 for each trade. I assumed this was another technical issues given the lack of communication. 

Except now, I am being told the rates are as below - i.e. £10 or $15 are for every trade. No mention of 2+ trades being free for US or £3 for UK any more. This link is nowhere to be seen on the website when you sign up. 

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/spread-betting-and-cfds/fees-and-charges/what-are-igs-shares-cfd-product-details

Anyone else seeing this or know whats going on here ?

Support takes days to respond but I need to know before I trade further.

Link to comment

Hi, see below the pic from your first link. If you made zero, 1 or 2 trades in the previous month the commission is £10. If you made 3 or more trades in the previous month there is no commission.

As you are new you would have made zero trades in the previous month so then the £10 charge applies.

Explained in greater depth in the 'Notes' section at the bottom of the page.

image.thumb.png.ae3629bcd57e28f8491bc9cdec7ed21c.png

Link to comment

'Minimum charge phone' - WTF?  If you want to make a deal over the phone it costs you £50?  Fk!  No wonder stockbrokers get paid so much.  Even I would answer the phone for £50 a pop.

Edited by dmedin
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

Hi, see below the pic from your first link. If you made zero, 1 or 2 trades in the previous month the commission is £10. If you made 3 or more trades in the previous month there is no commission.

As you are new you would have made zero trades in the previous month so then the £10 charge applies.

Explained in greater depth in the 'Notes' section at the bottom of the page.

image.thumb.png.ae3629bcd57e28f8491bc9cdec7ed21c.png

Thanks, that's helpful. I obviously didn't see that first. 

Community seems way better than their support !

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Gemba said:

Thanks, that's helpful. I obviously didn't see that first. 

Community seems way better than their support !

no worries, you're welcome. the customer support has been an issue since the UK lockdown started and there should have been some kind of provision put in place to aid the situation by now but hasn't happened, though when there's a major outage they are bound to be swamped regardless. 

Link to comment
Just now, Caseynotes said:

no worries, you're welcome. the customer support has been an issue since the UK lockdown started and there should have been some kind of provision put in place to aid the situation by now but hasn't happened, though when there's a major outage they are bound to be swamped regardless. 

Understand peak usage probably caused the outage. However I haven't seen any communication from IG about it  and I read this has happened many times in the past.

Is that the way this company operates ? I wonder if its too much to expect any proper communication from management about what happened or how it will be fixed..

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Caseynotes said:

no worries, you're welcome. the customer support has been an issue since the UK lockdown started and there should have been some kind of provision put in place to aid the situation by now but hasn't happened, though when there's a major outage they are bound to be swamped regardless. 

 

They can't hire any new staff because people were furloughed rather than made redundant?

Link to comment
Guest Jenny

I would like to trade in US shares for the first time 

 Please let me know where the form is on the platform to sign and allow trading

thanks

Link to comment

Hi @Caseynotes thanks for the explanation. I'm also new and started trading US shares this month. The next month I won't be charged any commission for trading US shares as I've already traded more than 3 times.

However, there's something which is not explained anywhere, as far as I'm aware. Does the new month start after 1 month (30 days) from the day I started trading, or is it calendar month? I.e. if I started trading on 18 May, will I be a trade US shares with free commission on 1June or on 18 June?

Thank you!

Link to comment

the systems always seem to crash when there is high volatility in the commodities mkt. this has occured several times in the last year - if you are on the wrong side of the trade then its going to hurt...this is suspicious in my eyes and frightening at the same time

Link to comment
On 24/05/2020 at 17:03, stefanodanelli said:

Hi @Caseynotes thanks for the explanation. I'm also new and started trading US shares this month. The next month I won't be charged any commission for trading US shares as I've already traded more than 3 times.

However, there's something which is not explained anywhere, as far as I'm aware. Does the new month start after 1 month (30 days) from the day I started trading, or is it calendar month? I.e. if I started trading on 18 May, will I be a trade US shares with free commission on 1June or on 18 June?

Thank you!

Hi, I seem to remember that the timing was from the beginning of each month and not from the date you started trading.

sorry for the delay in replying but I only just got the notification.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

    • Total Topics
      20,005
    • Total Posts
      87,988
    • Total Members
      68,997
    • Most Online
      7,522
      10/06/21 10:53

    Newest Member
    noblecorner25
    Joined 27/09/22 02:16
  • Posts

    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart, 26 September 2022, Ethereum(ETHUSD) ETHUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave ((C)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Impulse wave II Details: Wave ((C)) maybe is complete, and the price may rise again Wave Cancel invalid Level: 1220 Ethereum(ETHUSD) Trading Strategy: Bul Market Efforts The price tends to trade above the 2031.39 level as MACD Histogram has a Bul ish divergence, and the price has an opportunity reversal, This could be an opportunity to open a long position. Ethereum(ETHUSD)Technical Indicators: MACD and MACDHistogram has a Bullish divergence, and the price has an opportunity reversal. TradingLounge Analyst: Kittiampon Somboonsod Source: tradinglounge.com  Get Trial Here!       Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge 4H Chart, 26 September 2022, Ethereum(ETHUSD) ETHUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave ((C)) Direction Next higher Degrees: Impulse wave II Details: Wave ((C)) maybe is complete, and the price may rise again Wave Cancel invalid Level: 1220 Ethereum(ETHUSD) Trading Strategy: Bul Market Efforts The price tends to trade above the 2031.39 level as MACD and MACD Histogram has a Bul ish divergence, and the price has an opportunity reversal, This could be an opportunity to open a long position. Ethereum(ETHUSD) Technical Indicators: MACD and MACDHistogram has a Bullish divergence, and the price has an opportunity reversal.
    • Bitcoin BTC-USD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLevels. Price Prediction Today  Bitcoin Headline News:Grayscale's GBTC Discount to NAV Breaks Records as Spread Widens by More Than 35% Crypto Market Summary Bitcoin Elliott Wave Analysis:  Corrective rally as Wave (ii) for BTC to 21,000 Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com    
    • DAX Performance Index ^GDAXI INDEXDB: DAX 40 Chart and Forecasts. FTSE 100 Index, EURO STOXX 50, Forex EURUSD GBPUSD DXY Dollar Index Elliott Wave Technical Analysis European Stock Market Daily News Headlines:Sterling GBPUSD plunges to all-time low in scathing appraisal of fiscal plan close to parity. Market Indices Overview: The corrective rally competed nicely and Wave (iv) of 3 lower is on track for short positions, after the next Wave iv) of 3 Elliott Wave Trading Strategy: Expect sideways choppy markets for the next three trading sessions. Wide stops and short corrective rallies as pointed out in the todays video Video Chapters 00:00 DAX 40 (GDAXI)  13:40 EURO STOXX 50 15:45 UKX / FTSE 100  18:24 Forex GBPUSD / EURUSD / DXY  30:41 Thanks for watching! Analyst Peter Mathers TradingLounge™ Australian Financial Services Licence - AFSL 317817 Source: tradinglounge com    
×
×
  • Create New...