Minimum Position size

Hello,

I would like to suggest that the minimum position size is reduced.  I like to scale in to a position and reduced position size would help doing that.  It could be combined with a minimum number of trades that a client needs to make a month to be able to trade a smaller position size. For example in order to trade 0.05 GBP/point on Wall Street a client will have to make at least 8 0.05 GBP/point trades (equivalent to 2 trades at 0.2 GBP/point ) a month or lose the right to trade 0.05 GBP/point.   CMG has a minimum of 0.1 GBP/point on Wall Street.

Any comment is welcome.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nihest said:

Hello,

I would like to suggest that the minimum position size is reduced.  I like to scale in to a position and reduced position size would help doing that.  It could be combined with a minimum number of trades that a client needs to make a month to be able to trade a smaller position size. For example in order to trade 0.05 GBP/point on Wall Street a client will have to make at least 8 0.05 GBP/point trades (equivalent to 2 trades at 0.2 GBP/point ) a month or lose the right to trade 0.05 GBP/point.   CMG has a minimum of 0.1 GBP/point on Wall Street.

Any comment is welcome.

Hi, you can trade Wall street on the MT4 platform at the minimum  0.1 GBP/point.

Just now, Straddles said:

Will I be required to fund my IG Meta Trader Account seperatly?

Can I trade on the MT account via a browser or only on the trading platform? 

yes the mt4 account is a different account but you can easily transfer funds between same type accounts.

IG's mt4 is a download onto your computer or other device. There is an online version mt4 which you should be able to hook up to IG.

https://www.ig.com/uk/trading-platforms/metatrader-4

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Can anyone tell me WHEN IG altered their Spread bet margin levels on Wall Street as low as 0.20 p a point

after they had increased the margin levels back in Feb 2019 during the new FSA regulation ESMA requirements ..

What Month would this have been since ?

I made another post in ref to this but also had come across this post..

thank you 

PJ

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Guest Rob said:

Why are position size limits set to min 0.5 per point in IG demo accounts? and why are they not allowing me to go as low as 0.04 in my IG live account? 

Hi Rob

The minimum bet size is stipulated by our dealing desk. You should be able to trade in smaller sizes on the MT4 live account. 

All the best

Anda