Why on earth...

I can't believe this debate still has so such cynicism and doubt.

What is so hard to understand? lol

A stock moves 20% or more in a day.  If you're lucky enough to pick the right one based on News or Earnings or FDA approval or Patent then you'll get a 100% spike or whatever it is.

Most of the time there will be a spike off the Bell, then a Sell off to Take Profit, then a return to half way on the day.

Of course it works.  How can there even be a doubt?

Expecting large moves on Amazon is less likely and ultimately requires a fecking massive stake to make a return.  Focusing on Penny Stocks means you can Buy More.  A $1 stock is more likely to go 100% than Tesla or Amazon!  However the moves potential is the same, relatively.  $1 moves 100% while a $1000 moves 1%.  Buy 1000@ $1, or buy 1@ $1000.  However, buying more stocks allows you to scale out if need be.  I shouldn't have to explain the validity of this ****.  It's basic trading.

My portfolio was up 50% last week.  It's now down to 4%.  I took out profit and re-invested to grow my portfolio.  If I took the profit on the high and got back in on the low, I'd make more.  Same on the 1-5min chart off the bell.  You get large moves in a short time and it comes back again.  Jeeeez.

You want a stock to watch?  Velocycs Plc.  but don't blame me if it tanks.

@DavyJones

I hear ya on Buying Shares directly, but unless you have Hotkeys, it's very difficult to get in and out in moments.  Also the fees and Tax attached.  The hook here is SB is Tax Free, so trying to make it work is my goal.  We're fortunate to have it here in the UK.  It's banned in many parts of the world.  We just need to adjust our strategy.  In for longer, take less profit thru the spread.  ask me how I'm doing in a years time.

• Great! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 10:41, Caseynotes said:

I think it was the constant reports of accounts being blown up.

I missed this reply.

I blew my account (quit at my max loss as I learned) because I DIDN'T follow the strategy.  It's too difficult to follow with Spreadbetting.  We don't have access to Low Cap Stock and when we do the spread is too great.

I've had more success since I moved to Share Dealing directly but just getting started.

3 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

I missed this reply.

I blew my account (quit at my max loss as I learned) because I DIDN'T follow the strategy.  It's too difficult to follow with Spreadbetting.  We don't have access to Low Cap Stock and when we do the spread is too great.

I've had more success since I moved to Share Dealing directly but just getting started.

ok, I did gather the large spreads on the small caps was causing a problem for the strategy.

1 minute ago, Caseynotes said:

ok, I did gather the large spreads on the small caps was causing a problem for the strategy.

There's a common figure that goes around that it can/will take you about 18 months to figure out what is actually happening on screen and behind it.  I feel that I now have a greater understanding of the whole process and I'm ready to start again.

Despite our disagreements over the last 18 months, I thank you for your input and can understand the frustration you might have suffered as a result of my Noob journey.

3 minutes ago, nit2wynit said:

There's a common figure that goes around that it can/will take you about 18 months to figure out what is actually happening on screen and behind it.  I feel that I now have a greater understanding of the whole process and I'm ready to start again.

Despite our disagreements over the last 18 months, I thank you for your input and can understand the frustration you might have suffered as a result of my Noob journey.

👍 yes you're right it can be a trial. Anyway best of luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• image.png

• ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (1D Chart) Greetings, Our Elliott Wave analysis today updates the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) with NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB. We identify wave ((iv))-green as having ended, and the potential for wave ((v))-green is open to push higher. ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis   ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB 1D Chart (Semilog Scale) Analysis Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave ((v))-green Details: The short-term outlook shows that wave ((iv))-green has just ended, and the push up quite high since 32.60 also suggests the return of wave ((v))-green. Invalidation point: 32.60       ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis TradingLounge (4-Hour Chart) ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB Elliott Wave Technical Analysis ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB 4-Hour Chart Analysis   Function: Major trend (Minute degree, green) Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave i-blue of Wave ((v))-green Details: The shorter-term outlook suggests that the ((iii))-green wave has recently peaked, and the ((iv))-green wave has unfolded in the form of a Flat correction, with the ((iv))-wave likely completed. The ((v))-green wave is now unfolding to push prices higher. We are closely monitoring NAB, and there will soon be a long-term trading opportunity with NAB. It looks like wave ii-blue is opening up, pushing a little lower, before wave iii-blue returns to push even higher. Invalidation point: 32.60         Conclusion:   Our analysis, forecast of contextual trends, and short-term outlook for ASX: NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED - NAB aim to provide readers with insights into the current market trends and how to capitalize on them effectively. We offer specific price points that act as validation or invalidation signals for our wave count, enhancing the confidence in our perspective. By combining these factors, we strive to offer readers the most objective and professional perspective on market trends. Technical Analyst: Hua (Shane) Cuong, CEWA-M (Master’s Designation). Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!  
    • Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge Daily Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Counter Trend Mode: Corrective Structure: Zigzag Position: Wave C Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave (I) of Impulse Wave Cancel invalid Level: 8.498 Details: the corrective of Wave (II) is equal to 61.8% of Wave (I) at 8.702 Log scale chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Elliott Wave Analysis TradingLounge H4 Chart ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD) LINKUSD Elliott Wave Technical Analysis Function: Follow Trend Mode: Motive Structure: Impulse Position: Wave 5 Direction Next higher Degrees: Wave ((C)) of Zigzag Wave Cancel invalid Level: 81.238 Details: The Five-Wave Decline of Wave ((C)) trend to test 11.582 Level ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Trading Strategy: The second wave correction is likely to go down to test the 10.585 level before rising again in the third wave. Therefore, the overall picture is a short-term pullback to continue rising. Wait for the correction to complete to rejoin the trend. ChainLink/ U.S. dollar(LINKUSD)Technical Indicators: The price is above the MA200 indicating a Downtrend, The Wave Oscillator is a Bearish Momentum. Technical Analyst : Kittiampon Somboonsod Source : Tradinglounge.com get trial here!      
    • Okay, I'll grab the ultimate sloth at a lower price😑😑
us