Is it possible, scalping (stocks)?

It seems to me that using SB is for the majority pointless for scalping stocks due to the wide spreads, I tried it several times and although I get the direction right (mostly), I barely make the spread back. With share dealing  you have the advantage of a tighter spread but you have to factor

- £6 return ticket  (UK)
- can only go long.
- 0.5% on buy side (UK exchanges)

The last one seem to put us back in the same position as the SB route. US exchanges have a 0.00207% and no fees (if >3 trades pm) so seems viable 
Looking at a few past trades, it seems like its only the very opportune trades that can work with?

Anyone try it ?

• Thought provoking 1

SB/CFD on shares is uniquely unsuited to this because of the massive spreads.  I think the Americans accomplish it by actually buying and selling on leverage (or with options), but of course then they run the risk of getting it wrong and owing their broker thousands/tens of thousands on a bad trade.

40 minutes ago, dmedin said:

SB/CFD on shares is uniquely unsuited to this because of the massive spreads.  I think the Americans accomplish it by actually buying and selling on leverage (or with options), but of course then they run the risk of getting it wrong and owing their broker thousands/tens of thousands on a bad trade.

I was looking at a few live stream, the d@vil is in the detail

1) They all use large capital sizes ($50k min) to scrape out a few hundred dollars. People get fooled by the click bait titles, e.g Oliver Velez "I made $5k in the first 30mins of the open trading Facebook". Look closely at the screen, pause the video, and you see that he bought  2000 shares (at $240 a share), Nice if you have  1/2 million dollars in your account 
2) they have exceptionally tight spreads that is a lot better than IG 
3) Their set up is very professional and get filled a lot quicker than perhaps we could, not sure

Edited by DavyJones
  • Like 1

The have an incredible ability to show only the winning days. None of them record it when they lose massively.

50k IMHO is still very low to scalp, trades can go wrong easily so we need funds to outsmart loses.

I loss will equal to many wins in scalping, normally to the rate of 1:50, meaning 1 loss can eat the profit of 50 winning trades by average. I don't see how you would do that with 50k. 

There is a reason why they ask for 500k to become a professional trader. I believe many of those pros would be very happy to sign Oliver Velez's profit per day.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • image.png

• Recently, U.S. Senator Bill Hagerty from Tennessee spoke at the Bitcoin conference, stating his efforts to push for Bitcoin-supportive legislation to promote freedom and opportunity. This year, cryptocurrency has become a key battleground in the election campaigns. It remains to be seen whether future policies on cryptocurrency will improve.
    • The digital landscape is undergoing a profound transformation as attention, once a freely given commodity, is increasingly recognized as a valuable asset. Layer3 is at the forefront of this revolution, pioneering a new economy where attention can be owned, traded, and monetized   This innovative approach empowers individuals to monetize their engagement, providing unprecedented control over personal data. Simultaneously, advertisers benefit from transparent metrics that optimize campaign performance. Content creators are presented with diverse revenue avenues beyond traditional advertising, while the overall ecosystem experiences a more equitable distribution of value.   The implications of Layer3 extend across various sectors. Social media platforms, for instance, can leverage this technology to revolutionize user engagement and monetization strategies. Tokenomics play a crucial role in driving Layer3's economy, incentivizing participation and rewarding value creation. While challenges such as data privacy and market volatility exist, the potential benefits of Layer3 are immense   Anticipation is building as its native token $L3 is on Bitget Pre-market as users await its listing on the exchange. This milestone is expected to significantly increase the token's visibility and accessibility, potentially driving substantial growth and attracting new investors. As the countdown begins, the crypto community watches with keen interest, eager to see how Layer3 will perform in this new chapter.
    • I've been exploring the world of play-to-earn gaming recently, looking for something that's not just about endless grinding but actually offers a fun and rewarding experience. OGC really stood out to me because it combines gaming with a sense of community in a unique way. OGC isn't just a game; it's a platform where you can play, earn, and even help shape its future. You're not just a player; you're part of a community with a voice. The idea of earning crypto while playing games is exciting, but what makes OGC special is its focus on community involvement. Your feedback can directly influence the development of the game, which is a big deal. I've also heard that the OGC token is available for pre-market trading on Bitget. While I'm still getting to know the platform and its features, it's definitely something to keep an eye on. Has anyone else tried OGC? What has your experience been like? I'd love to hear your thoughts and any tips you might have.
us