Trade Analytics Tool

JJP

Question

11 answers to this question

Yea i also have this question.  it does now show you th time stamp fo when the data was last refreshed, but sometimes it can be 5-6hrs in lag, which isnt great.  Would love to have a refresh on load function, or a manual 'click to refresh' option to pull the data through right up to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 14/08/2020 at 11:51, JJP said:

Am just trying to better understand my performance with the trade analytics tool and was wondering how often does the tool update with closed positions?

Hi JJP

The information is currently updated three times a day, at approximately 9:00, 17:00 and 22:00 (UK time)

I've shared your comment/query with the team so they can make this clearer within the tool. 

Do let us know how you get on with the tool, if it helps, and anything you might want from it in the future. 

Best, 
Fiona

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TFFX_ said:

I have heard of this functionality being available - where can it be found / enabled on my accounts? I cannot see any functionality for it in my 'Live Accounts' screen - or anywhere for that matter. 

Thanks

Hi TFFX_

The trade analytics tool is currently only available on the leverage products (CFD and Spreadbet). 

Best, 
Fiona

On 07/10/2020 at 17:07, Fiona-IG said:

Hi JJP

The information is currently updated three times a day, at approximately 9:00, 17:00 and 22:00 (UK time)

I've shared your comment/query with the team so they can make this clearer within the tool. 

Do let us know how you get on with the tool, if it helps, and anything you might want from it in the future. 

Best, 
Fiona

It's a nice way to track performance over timeframes. Saves me having to pull historical data and plot my own charts. I can think of a few ways to add features, in addition to making it available on all platforms as previously requested.

How about:

- Ability to compare respective periods across months, quarters and years. Sometimes a particular time of year/month/week is more performant than others... would be good to see and analyze that at a glance.

- Ability to personalize by adding ones own draw down and draw up levels

- Ability to click a point on the chart a jump to the specific trade(s) that led to a tick up or tick down.

• Like 1
On 08/10/2020 at 08:26, TFFX_ said:

Hi Fiona, 

Thanks for the update - is the tool available on the DEMO CFD/SB accounts? If so, where can I find it?

Also, is the any plan to add it to the Share Trading and ISA accounts?

Thanks

Hi again, 

It's not currently on DEMO for CFD/SB, but is something we've talked about doing.  And, we are starting to look at options for a similar 'Portfolio' tool for Share trading.  

At the moment the tool is still in Beta and we're making sure it's performing well before we advance it. But we do have plans for it, so always open to hearing feedback and suggestions. 

If you're using it in the Live accounts, do let us know how it's working for you!  Always keen to hear how it's being used and if it's helping. 

Many thanks, Fiona

Guest bushranger59

Hi 'Fiona'

JJP, I hope it's okay to shirt-tail this chat. 

On Nov 6 2020 I closed 4 CFD parcels for $744 after commission and funding costs. 

However, Trade Analytics for Nov 6 2020 shows $47 profit for 1 closed position that same day.

Can the discrepancy be explained? $47 was one of the four closed parcels for Nov 6.

The other three were unaccounted for. 

At present I can't rely on the Trade Analytics graphs for a true indication of how I'm trading. 

Am I missing something? 

Thanks

Lindsay (aka bushranger)