Change of Account details

Guest Mahlabama

Question

Guest Mahlabama

I have changed my account details from the FNB to the one of Standard bank but today when trying to withdraw the money was returned and I phoned IG they said I must send the bank statement.I sent the statement and told them to edit my account but I got an email saying I won't be able to deposit or withdraw but no reason was given.

Please help

Mahlaba Masebe

3 answers to this question

Hi , thanks for the post.

Do you mind either sending us a DM on Twitter @IGClientHelp or emailing us at helpdesk.za@ig.com with your account number or username so that we can resolve this for you?  Sounds like we just need to take another look at your account!

Looking forward to your message.

Thanks,

Hannah

Have a question? Try searching the community to see if it has already been answered.

Hi, I'm also concerned with IG's withdrawal policy. I overpaid two duplicate payments into my IG account due to a website error 'transaction timed out', I repeated the payment with PayPal which was successful. I then checked my online banking statement and three payments for same amount had gone to IG.

I asked to withdraw the duplicate payments and was asked to send proof (bank statement, details etc).  I sent the documents (screenshots) immediately, but received no acknowledgement  The note on the IG site says allow 1-2 days for money to reach your account, but eight days later still no funds returned to my bank account.

Who's email/department do I need to contact at IG to expedite the refund?

Hi  - I have had a look at your account and can see that you originally messaged us on the 17th. We sent a reply and instructions on how to proceed on the 18th to your registered email address. I can also see we have emailed you again today with an overview of the account and process. Please continue to conversation directly if required, rather than on a public forum, because anything else discussed is likely to be specific to your account. I hope this clarifies the matter, but please also double check your email settings to make sure our replies aren't being blocked. All the best.

Archived