Trading restrictions on GameStop and AMC

This is unacceptable. illegal.

Both Robinhood and T212 tried this and they failed. all the user base is leaving after this week.

I thought IG incorruptible platform. GME showed which platforms to trust and which to avoid.

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 2
On 30/01/2021 at 15:32, Gandolf said:

Received an email from IG that they restrict buying these stocks.

Why is it not allowed (other than it hurts big boys)?

Market is volatile but still you're allowed to trade other stocks and even close out if you own these stocks but just can't buy them.  Is it even legal to restrict retail traders arbitrarily?

IG.png

On 30/01/2021 at 15:49, VJJHC said:

Trading 212 tried this the other day too. I have complained and suggest others do the same.

Here is a link to a letter outlining what FCA rules they are breaking.

Makes me want to hold even more due to this shady practice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Trading212ActionGroup?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

On 30/01/2021 at 15:52, Gandolf said:

Great, thanks for sharing the template and link!

We really need to take this to FCA to stop the market manipulation by these platforms.

On 30/01/2021 at 16:01, PaulCz said:

I've submitted a complaint to the abuse team at FCA. I suggest everyone effected does the same for visibility.

On 30/01/2021 at 16:14, Twerkingcat said:

VJJHC, thanks for the great link! I am very not happy with IG. Does anyone know which broker still allows unrestricted GME trading?

PS. HOLDING now matter what!

On 30/01/2021 at 16:27, mei2020 said:

this makes me want to HOLD those stocks, hopefully they can't force people to sell.... yet

On 30/01/2021 at 17:04, Rakazool said:

Disappointing... I was willing to put up with the platform crashes.

On 30/01/2021 at 17:09, Whisper said:

This is unacceptable. illegal.

Both Robinhood and T212 tried this and they failed. all the user base is leaving after this week.

I thought IG incorruptible platform. GME showed which platforms to trust and which to avoid.

On 30/01/2021 at 18:47, Guest lalalalala said:

Anyone who wants to use something else that lets you currently buy GME: STAKE

Whilst the purpose of Community is to connect like minded clients who want to discuss the financial markets, IG news, and ask questions in the support part of our forum, we will be running a Q&A today from 10:00 until 13:00 GMT. You can submit your questions now on the following post.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      10/06/21 10:53

Newest Member
    blank
    Joined 07/02/23 17:19
    • Look Ahead to 08/02/23: Oil inventories; TTEF, DIS, UBER and BDEV earnings Oil, tech, and the consumer are set to dominate the markets on Wednesday, with earnings from TotalEnergies (TTEF), EIA data, and results from Walt Disney (DIS) and Uber Technologies (UBER). Angeline Ong | Presenter, Analyst and Content Editor, London | Publication date: Tuesday 07 February             
    • 07 February 2023 Spot Gold The price of gold has extended its pullback from overbought territory over the last week and has found some near-term support at the 50-day simple moving average (50MA) (green line). Our preference remains to look for long entry on a bullish price reversal. A bullish reversal might be considered if we can see price closing above the 1875 level, provided that the 50MA is not broken with a price close below. Should the 50MA level be broken and the price reversal not confirm, 1820 becomes the next downside support target from the move. In this scenario we not looking to short gold but would rather be looking for a bullish price reversal closer to this level for long entry once again. Should either of these scenarios manifest we will update our guidance accordingly with resistance targets and stop loss considerations. Source: IG charts       Brent Crude Oil The bearish reversal off the 8770-level guided in our previous note has yielded a significant decline, although fallen short of the 7760-support target. The price now looks to be rebounding from oversold territory. Traders who have been short might consider this an indication to exit their trades. The longer-term trend bias is still considered down and should a bearish price pattern emerge before this level, new short entries might be considered. In this scenario a close above the 8770 level might be used as a stop loss consideration, while targeting a move back towards the support low at 7760 once again. Only on a move / close above the 8770 level would the longer-term trend bias be reassessed, and long trades reconsidered Source: IG charts         Our weekly technical report is compiled by in-house senior market analyst, Shaun Murison.
    • Hi, the basic package has a 15 minute delay.