Depositing via card

catvs

Question

Hi team,

Tried to reach via phone, but no luck bcs the lines are busy, also have checked platform status - seem no problem there.

The question is - I’m trying to add funds via card, and that refuses transaction. Called my bank, they don’t see any payment requests initiations. Is that a wider common technical issue for now, or should I consult help desk via phone?

Thank you in advance for your response 

Ivan

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, TFFX_ said:

I have never had any issues previously via debit card. There are a few steps needed though - check below:

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-support/deposits-and-withdrawals/deposits/how-do-i-deposit-funds-into-my-account

Hi, Thank you.

Yeah, it’s very strange it was working all fine, even few days ago, same card, etc… But today it just doesn’t work. The bank says that they don’t even see the request to process the transaction, IG also doesn’t see any problems on its side…

I had a similar problem over the weekend trying to fund my ISA.  Do you have another debit card attached to a different account? If so add that and deposit from that account; I had success by doing this. I also sent a faster payment from the account on which the card was problematic, and this worked OK.

• Like 1

I had exactly the same issue two hours ago. Tried it again just now and all worked fine.

Assume lots of payments going through due to ISA, start of tax year...

• Like 1

Thank you guys, yeah seems like some technical problem between the bank and IG related to 3D secure, or maybe somewhere on the processing side, hope that goes away in few days, or maybe will try to add another card, or reissue existing one.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Catvs - glad you got help from community and seem satisfied with result. However, as an Ig client for 2 years can I just point out that you received absolutely no customer support from IG index and your problem is not really resolved. Only pointing this out as I am having the same problem using the debit card I use to fund my account. Just suddenly not working - no reason behind it, no indication from IG that there is a problem. Been a client of IG for 2 years and despite trying to get customer support ---- there is never any response.

45 minutes ago, Leodog said:

Catvs - glad you got help from community and seem satisfied with result. However, as an Ig client for 2 years can I just point out that you received absolutely no customer support from IG index and your problem is not really resolved. Only pointing this out as I am having the same problem using the debit card I use to fund my account. Just suddenly not working - no reason behind it, no indication from IG that there is a problem. Been a client of IG for 2 years and despite trying to get customer support ---- there is never any response.

It’s not the best.. I’ve had an account with them 10 years and it used to be a lot better. There’s two things going on.. first one is that there’s limited staff in the office with the pandemic and whatever system they have in place for dealing with it isn’t adequate. Second one is that there’s been a massive increase in the number of clients taken on with the retail trading frenzy. And these people drain time because they ask lots of daft questions, so when you have something administrative like this that you need sorting you can’t get through.

Hopefully it all irons itself out once things go back to normal. As long as the platform doesn’t go down and execution is good that’s the main thing even though things like this are annoying. If you have a spread betting account I believe that you will have an assigned client manager. They will probably only contact you directly if you’re trading above a certain amount as they like to offer hospitality. But if you can find out who they are you can call them directly and that should help.

Other brokers are having the same issues though, it’s not just IG where there’s been a drop off in service.