ISA - cannot buy certain stocks

Under ISA I cannot buy certain names, example: BZUN, BABA, NNDM to name a few.

When trying to purchase these on my Stocks & Shares ISA, I see following message.

INSTRUMENT NOT TAX WRAPPER ENABLED
Sorry, this instrument is not available to trade on the tax wrapper associated to your account

The worst is the fact that IG does not flag this until the very end, when you're trying to place an order.

Can you please assist and tell me how can I buy these in tax efficient way? Do I need to move part of my portfolio to a different ISA provider?

Edited by K0RNIK
Additional explanation

To be fair, it's nothing to do with IG - for whatever reason those instruments do not not meet HMRC rules to be included in an ISA, and so it doesn't matter who the ISA provider is. There are a lot of stocks/ETFs that are simply ineligible for inclusion in ISAs

Edited by Fletch
correction

As fletch says - if you have a SIPP you "might" be able to place them in there rather than an ISA

I made the decision 10 years ago to only trade ETF's in my ISA after experiencing similar problems back then with a different ISA/SIPP provider 

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• General Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Total Members
    • Most Online
      14/01/21 09:51

Newest Member
    forexfactory
    Joined 16/05/21 05:41
    • Hi, I'm fairly new to the community and I've started out looking into stocks I'm familiar with. One of these is Standard Life Aberdeen PLC (LON: SLA). In the screenshot below you can a general (albeitvery gradual) uptrend on the Daily chart since late-March 2020 which I've highlighted in Green. However, since mid-February 2021 there has been an intra-trend move downwards (highlighted in Red) and these points look set to cross in the coming days. Daily Chart Thoughts My natural bias is towards being bullish on this stock. But I'm waiting to see how the shareprice behaves over the next week. So I'm interested to see what other think on this stock and if there are other factors you think are important to consider?   Have a good weekend anyway folks.
    • process check , mike check , paycheque..... I actually missed this move ... 😅 .... Very hard trying to juggle a 50plus hour week and trading ..... any way here is the follow up from my post on the FTSE from  11-05-2021👇     With the greatest respect to IG INDEX , it's not time to be bearish .... not yet at least..... Here is what the FTSE did a few days later.........  
    • Yeah........ so that happened ...