MT4

Trevbeats

Question

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Trevbeats said:

Can someone send me details of how to open a mt4 account on demo before I go live.

Is it IG's trading platform or does it go through 3rd party.

Many Thanks

Trev

Hi, in your 'My IG' page click 'add an account' and choose mt4 (you don't need to fund it). IG will send a mt4 login and password in 2 separate emails.

Download mt4 (and the apps pack) from IG's mt4 web pages.

Double click to open mt4 file from your downloads folder (ig4setup). Once mt4 has loaded click 'File' > 'Open an Account', you should see IG's demo and live feeds. Click Live and follow the instructions using IG's login and password.

Then do same to open a demo account (mt4 instantly auto opens a demo account with demo login and password).

In the Navigator panel you should have live and demo little man icons to click on to switch between accounts.

image.png.ed25675787dd2172ab1b73ef522ad83d.png

image.png.388a0e33b2007a50653e9c66a8199f8b.png

Cassy Thank you for your support.

I have tried to ring the London office but no one is picking up?

I have a mac and an Ipad which I trade from. I take it IG support Apple? and if so would it be the same way you explained to dowmload the MT4 sir?

Thanks again

Trevor.

8 hours ago, Trevbeats said:

Cassy Thank you for your support.

I have tried to ring the London office but no one is picking up?

I have a mac and an Ipad which I trade from. I take it IG support Apple? and if so would it be the same way you explained to dowmload the MT4 sir?

Thanks again

Trevor.

See this page;

MetaTrader 4 (MT4) for Mac | How to Get Started | IG UK

note that mt4 was designed for Windows but there is an IG download for Mac, they recommend using with IG's VPS but don't think that's essential though is free if you have £5000 min in your account. 

There should be no difference between the Windows or Mac version, stability on a Mac would be the concern.

9 hours ago, Trevbeats said:

Thanks again Cassy. 

So can I try the demo first?

5 k you say? that is a new one? So if you have under that in the account what is the charge cassy?

Trevor.

I would try it first without the VSP on demo and see if it was stable. It may be fine without. If less than £5k in account they charge £50 a month for the VSP service.