why did my order stop out

I had a perfect entry all set up on my metatrader, woke up to it being stopped out, highly annoying as it had no drawdown whatsoever and the spread was nowhere near. Do we know why this is? it would have been on 7.5R now aswell. so highly annoyed.

any help please, thanks Guy

Screenshot (375).png

11 hours ago, theruleof7 said:

I had a perfect entry all set up on my metatrader, woke up to it being stopped out, highly annoying as it had no drawdown whatsoever and the spread was nowhere near. Do we know why this is? it would have been on 7.5R now aswell. so highly annoyed.

any help please, thanks Guy

Hi, you need to look at the mt4 trade data in the 'Terminal' panel 'under account history' which will tell you where the stop was activated. 

It's easy to mix up pips and points on the mt4 platform (10 points equals 100 pips).

If still not sure you can post a pic of the mt4 chart and the relevant line in the mt4 account history. 

• Like 1
On 07/08/2021 at 07:38, Caseynotes said:

Hi, you need to look at the mt4 trade data in the 'Terminal' panel 'under account history' which will tell you where the stop was activated. 

It's easy to mix up pips and points on the mt4 platform (10 points equals 100 pips).

If still not sure you can post a pic of the mt4 chart and the relevant line in the mt4 account history. 

ok thankyou i will have a look. If not is it possible t was to do with margin? thanks

18 minutes ago, theruleof7 said:

ok thankyou i will have a look. If not is it possible t was to do with margin? thanks

hi, no not margin, margin dictates whether you can enter the trade in the first place.

But the spread may well be the culprit for an unexpected early stop out. You can check by having the bid with the ask price on the chart to see if the stop level was hit

You used a tradingview chart to show the trade but need to see on the mt4 platform what were the actual values in order to see when the stop was triggered (Terminal icon top row, account history)

image.thumb.png.0ea4c28df21ba610da11a003b5a7312f.png

Im not able to disect your thread entirely, but spreads do change, if you didn't know.  This happened to me many times in my early days trading and it made me paranoid.  the spread can fluctuate depending on volatility etc.  Larger spread occur during low volume volatility.  this leads to premature stops.

Maybe worth takig a closer look.

Edited by nit2wynit
9 hours ago, Caseynotes said:

hi, no not margin, margin dictates whether you can enter the trade in the first place.

But the spread may well be the culprit for an unexpected early stop out. You can check by having the bid with the ask price on the chart to see if the stop level was hit

You used a tradingview chart to show the trade but need to see on the mt4 platform what were the actual values in order to see when the stop was triggered (Terminal icon top row, account history)

image.thumb.png.0ea4c28df21ba610da11a003b5a7312f.png

I should have mentioned that maintenance margin can be a factor in stopping out a trade if price runs heavily against you but discounted that as your chart showed price moving straight up.

One of the reasons why your order stopped out is that there might be problems with the terminal process. Have you addressed this concern to the site. I think it is better to have it directly addressed by the company. There might be also problem at your end.

Hi @theruleof7

Thanks for the question

The trade was stopped out basis the stop level instructed at 0.90537. The trade was stopped out at a price of 0.90493 meaning that you incurred 4.4 points worth of slippage. I have attached a screenshot indicating the time your stop was triggered. Remember to always check the bid price when selling to close and the ask price if buying to close. I hope this helps. 

Many thanks 

AndaUSDCHF.png