Streaming API stopped working this weekend

DavR0s

Question

Hi,

Just wanted to reach out to others that use the IG API as my ability to login to the Live platform started to error this weekend.

I have contacted tech support and it's still a live discussion but the answer I have rec'd today is that the problem is with Lightstreamer and the suggestion is I comment out all aspects of this so I can use other aspects of the API as an interim solution.  I have gone back and suggested this is not credible and to have a API not able to stream live prices is of no use.

I have spent 18months working to this API and I suspect others have spent a lot more.

Whilst typing this I received another update that the API team will look at a solution so maybe it will get resolved.

Anyone else using the API and similarly impacted by this?

Thanks David

15 answers to this question

Yes same here.  I had the same problem with accessing the Demo API about two weeks ago that then appeared on Live this weekend.  IG have now resolved the Demo streaming access so naturally assumed the Live would follow shortly - maybe it will.  Was just aghast that the suggestion is i comment out all streaming code as a short term solution.  An API without a live streaming price is not a functioning API as far as I am concerned.  So i have had to stop trading for the moment which is a right royal pain!

If its important to you and you havent already raised it with IG then please do as the more users do this the better chance it will get the focus it needs.  btw the first contact I had with IG on Monday was that it was all functioning correctly so be prepared for that reply!

I am implementing an own version of this api in C# and tried to use the latest version of lightstreamer (5.1 and above). They changed something that wont work anymore in combination with IG. I had to use version 5.0.5 or earlier.

https://github.com/Lightstreamer/Lightstreamer-lib-client-dotnet

I only tested it with my demo account today and it works fine. When they upgrade to the latest lightstream server than this could be a problem. I will try it later for my live account.

Streaming hasn't been working in my Excel product (https://www.excelpricefeed.com/) which uses the IG API for several weeks now.

However, I have just tried this morning and it is working on both demo and live, I have not changed any of my streaming code (C# with the DotNetClient_N2.dll) for several months.

I have just contacted IG API support, will post back here when they respond.

It took me 3days to determine it was a system wide issue which became clear about 6am when I had an update from IG.  I was originally told there was no general issue so assumed it was something specific to my account.  If people use the API id encourage people to help raise the profile.  I think they are on the case but I have no idea in the grand scheme where it is on the priority list.

The use of DotNetClient_N2.dll is the problem. It seems to be outdated and there is a new implementation of it at GitHub. The example implementation has the same problem for a few weeks.

IG - C# Example project at GitHub

I fixed the C# example in my fork so you can see what to change. Hope it helps.

Fork - Fixed Implementation for Lightstreamer (Changeset)

Edited by teebeast

I see the Demo API is once again not connecting - same message as Live.  It was fixed last Tuesday was running up until last night.

I have chased IG on the solution to live but have no idea where this is in their schedule.

So in the meantime what else is there out there that can provide inexpensive real time price streaming for indices?

I could probably use DDE off Sharescope but that would require me to update my delayed version to the full version.  Most other stuff ive seen is delayed so not much use.

Thanks

Just seen that I can access the Live streaming prices again (hooray! and many thanks to whoever has been at IG fixing this over the weekend).  Demo is still not connecting, but I can live with that short term.

Dont know if IG technical support frequent these pages but would be useful to know if this is fully fixed now so we can reliably trade as of tomorrow.